Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Resources

New Bed Bug Web Site...good or ?

(5 posts)
  1. BedBugMutts

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Nov 1 2011 11:11:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Received a press release on BedBugGeneral.com promising an "extensive resource" so I clicked. They threw me off with a reference to identification through bed bug bites, but I thought it was worth a boo. In a very quick look see, the information looks extensive and seems up-to-date, or at least professional. I did notice the 'tab' at the top, when you are on the home page is for 'Volusion Demo Store'. The tab changes depending upon which page you are viewing. This tells me they are planning this to be a commerce site as opposed to purely informational. Nothing wrong with that...we all have to pay the bills...even Nobugson me :wink:. Care to take a look: BedBugGeneral.com and pass along your thoughts. By the by - I have absolutely no relationship with the site. Just always on the lookout for bad bed bug intel and great bed bug intel. Ken.

2. jrbtnyc

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Nov 1 2011 12:32:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Appears to be the creation of someone by the name of Paul J. Bello, whose name appears in many places on the website denoting him to be a professional entomologist and the proprietor of PJB Pest Management/Consulting in Atlanta, GA, and as having published The Bed Bug Combat Manual.

3. BBFSTyler

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Nov 1 2011 14:29:24
    #

Login to Send PM

The BedBugGeneral.com team was a side booth at the Mattress Safe booth at Pest World.
    Site has a clear banner at top right with "Brought to you by Mattress Safe" on it...so that answers that.
    They handed out some nice full-color prints with information about the site, which I can't seem to find right now in my huge pile of handouts from the show...
    Paul Bello is an entomologist, and is their "featured" professional on the site, which lends me to thinking that others will be highlighted at a later date. He does have a book (http://www.naden.de/blog/bbvideo-bbpress-video-plugin -->

[+] Embed the videoGet the Video Plugins
    We'll see if this site turns into a true educational resource or if it is simply some good SEO for Mattress Safe to increase its search results. Thanks for posting!

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Nov 1 2011 21:43:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, it's run by Mattress Safe, an encasement company.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Nov 30 2011 23:59:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Folks, Paul Bello here and I'm responding to the queerie regarding the Bed Bug General website. (Please note that I am new to participating with the bedbugger site as well.) While BBG is fully sponsored by the folks at Mattress Safe the intention and purpose of the site is indicated therein and may be taken at "face value" as stated. My involvement with BBG is to serve as technical advisor. Various topics of interest will be presented via the website. Those of you who may have visited BBG have seen that a military theme, i.e. BB "General", has been adopted. This said, the folks at BBG awarded their initial "Distinguished Service Awards" that were given to recipients at the 2011 CPCO of GA annual conference on November 5th. These awards were to recognize the efforts of those individuals who volunteered their time, effort and resources to rid a homeless shelter of bed bugs earlier this year. An article will be publsihed in PMP which will tell this story in more detail. However, suffice it to say that through the efforts of these generous individuals a lot of people have been saved from bed bugs. We hope that folks find BBG useful, worthwhile and that with time it continues to improve to meet or exceed our collective expectations. In the meanwhile, please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Yours in pest management, Paul B.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,552 posts in 49,285 topics over 152 months by 21,598 of 22,023 members. Latest: TW20, MyAccountHere, eldina714