Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

never found any evidence,but somethings biting at night

(4 posts)
  1. sosoitchy

newbite

Posted 12 years ago
    Mon Apr 16 2007 12:14:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Here's the scenario: my 12 yr old daughter has been waking up with extremely itchy welts on her lower torso (4-5 on legs, 2 or 3 in groin area) on and off for a couple years. We have never seen bugs. Our golden retriever who has on and off ear mite problems is around her a lot. Could we have bed bugs even though we've never seen one? Or could it be something else?

2. wantmyskinback

Posted 12 years ago
    Mon Apr 16 2007 13:21:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Not sure I can be of help, but I sleep with 2 little dogs. They have been checked for ear mites and fleas and ticks and are clean as a whistle. Ear mites could be the cause of your dauther's problem. Or she could have Exzema. Have you looked into that?

3. nightshirt

Posted 12 years ago
    Mon Apr 16 2007 13:36:03
    #

Login to Send PM

an educated guess would say something else b/c if your daughter has been getting these on and off for a couple of years and you have never treated your residence for bb's then your infestation wuld be whopping and you would know. as for what it could be - no clue.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 12 years ago
    Mon Apr 16 2007 14:34:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I'd go to the doctor. You can search her room carefully for little black specks and other signs (cast shells, bugs) but it's not likely. Also, make sure you investigate anywhere else she stays--if it's occasional, it could be bed bugs at someone else's home or other site where she is not all the time. Remember the bites don't always appear instantly, can be delayed by days in some cases.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus