Neighbors Lied About Their Infestation

(3 posts)
  1. TerribleTiming

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Oct 8 2018 18:41:16
    #

Login to Send PM

After months of bites and three rounds of Temprid treatments, but not finding any bugs in my unit and being told I didn't have BBs by management, it seems I've finally figured out the problem.

Backstory: I hired my own, new PCO a month ago. Again, he didn't find any bugs. Or bug casings. He saw what may be a couple of fecal stains. As part of his process, he checked the neighbors. Keep in mind, my landlord told me that she'd had her PCO check their unit months ago. As it turns out, my PCO found an active infestation in their unit. The tenants acted shocked, but my PCO said there was DE down everywhere and bottles of rubbing alcohol all over. My landlord even asked them a ago if they were having problems and they said no. So apparently my unit is just getting stragglers. But wtf. Why lie? Why?! I've been down my landlords throat for MONTHS because I thought I had the problem.

My PCO treated my whole house with Apprehend and Cimexa. And put a phyrethrin bed cover on my box spring. The bites seem to be decreasing. We only share one wall with them, so that's fortunate. Right now I plan to keep spreading Cimexa on the carpet, letting it sit, vacuuming and respreading it every couple weeks. I'm not sure how long th Apprehend lasts, but I've heard good things. I'm not sure what else I can do. I can't keep up with the laundering every single thing in my house constantly. My PCO said this treatment is designed so I don't have to. But the paranoia is real. I've just signed a year lease, so moving is a no. I'm submitting all my receipts for bed bug treatments to my landlord for payment. There's no way they can say I was the one who caused the issue now. Any info on Apprehend treatments would be appreciated.

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Oct 9 2018 5:40:49
    #

Login to Send PM

"Right now I plan to keep spreading Cimexa on the carpet, letting it sit, vacuuming and respreading it every couple weeks."
    Don't apply it this way. Crack & Crevice only. Don't vacuum up and reapply. It lasts up to 10 years.
    Aprehend- Residual, too. I think 3 months.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. HelpBB

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Oct 11 2018 10:40:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Please keep us posted. I am very interested on how it all works out.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,524 posts in 46,599 topics over 142 months by 20,553 of 21,419 members. Latest: pestbreaker, TRAY, tjg