Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Neighbor's Bad Infestation Gone - Too Good to Be True?

(2 posts)
  1. unluckyinbugs

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Jul 17 2008 22:41:06
    #

Login to Send PM

So when I had my first treatment, 1 1/2 weeks ago, my neighbor's exterminator was just finishing up and told my exterminator that they had bed bugs all over. And he shook his head and said he didn't know. He just didn't know. He told my guy that he had used Suspend SC and drilled holes in the walls and gotten rid of their carpet. I'm sure he did more but that's all he told us. I was under the impression that it was their first and only treatment, despite being infested for several months. I was also under the impression they were not doing laundry, bagging, encasements, etc.

This, of course, worried me.

But I ran into one of those neighbors today and she asked me how my problem was. I said I didn't know. I only found one live bed bug and had only gotten bitten a few times so it's hard to gauge progress even though I went all out - 8 loads laundry so far, $125 dry cleaning, new mattress hasn't even arrived yet, and have been treated twice, all within 16 days of finding said bed bug.

When I asked about her problem, the neighbor sort of smiled and said "all gone." ALL GONE??? Of course, compared to her infestation prior to treatment, it probably seems like it's "all gone," but still... She seemed so happy. Is this possible?? Are these pests so easily eradicated after all.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Jul 19 2008 0:06:09
    #

Login to Send PM

unlucky,

Did the neighbors react to bed bug bites?

It is possible to get rid of bed bugs in one treatment, but from your description of the lack of prep for treatment, I would be doubtful.

If the neighbors don't react strongly to bites, then they might not see any bed bugs (where they previously may have) and may assume they're gone.

This is just speculating, not knowing all the details.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,863 posts in 45,896 topics over 139 months by 20,212 of 21,020 members. Latest: Lima Rosa, afraidofbugs18, Bbt25