Neighboors have beds bugs eeekkk!!

(3 posts)
  1. Ksrcn

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Sep 2 2017 2:16:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Good evening all! I am lucky enough to say 3 exterminators came today and I am bed bug free.... However my downstairs neighboors have them!!!! The pros will be treating downstairs and the common hallway. And altho i do not go downstairs and they do not come up here im worried!!!!. I have 5 small children and cannot afford for it to spread up here. All the professionals i spoke with today assured me they can contain the situation. However im concerned only treating the downstairs apartment isnt enough to protect us!. They are not "spraying" they said they are going in the walls with a powder? And treating their stuff.
    Anywho so my question to all you fine people is what kind of powder can i just buy myself and treat my basebords and outlets just to prevent them from coming and at the very least just ease my mind!!!!!!! Im totally freaking out!

2. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Sep 2 2017 5:14:45
    #

Login to Send PM

They are not spraying at all??? Just powder??? That's odd unless they are doing a heat treatment first.

For you, I'd get a caulk gun and some caulk and caulk any cracks or crevices I could including the baseboards, trim, etc. Then I'd use Cimexa, which if used right is the most effective and safe desiccant dust out there. It can be difficult to use as you don't want piles of it everywhere but just a thin layer. They have hand bellows you can try using or you can use a makeup brush or some sort of soft bristled brush. Research how to properly apply it.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  3. Ksrcn

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Sep 2 2017 10:30:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you! Idk what exactly they are doing. He mentioned he wasnt using a repelant. But using a killing agent? And he described in detail about the powder. So i definantly could be mistaken sprays and treatment. However after 3 seperate companies come in and give me quotes and explanations i feel confident in getting them out of downstairs but just want to keep them out of my place and more imortantly out of my head so i can sleep again!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991