(13 posts)
  1. kpabarue

account closed

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Feb 13 2009 18:13:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey yall-

I think I'm in a need of a boost. Or at least a "hey! you're doing alright!" It's been 2 and a half months since I first found the bugs. Since then, I've been living out of bags, completely altering my life so as to rid myself of these things. KillerQueen first came to my apartment 5 weeks ago, after the LL exterminator sprayed (to no avail) a couple of times. He treated everything (hooray!), then the downstairs neighbors realized they had them. I saw a nymph (this was number 5 over the two months), and KQ came back 2 weeks ago to treat again and put down Phantom. In between the two treatments, my super came and caulked the walls (which I added to, as well), and this past weekend I caulked the LARGE cracks in my floor. Today I polyurethaned, as well. It's been exhausting, but I like feeling like I'm doing SOMETHING.

KQ suggested that my LL PCO come back (he's decided to start using Phantom now), but not to rely on him to do the inspection. Rather, I'm going to take an hour every week/2 weeks to inspect EVERYWHERE (I don't have a large apartment, and most of the stuff is bagged at this point). The surrounding apartments have been inspected (as much as the LL PCO does) and treated last weekend. The guy is coming back next Saturday (2 weeks after first treatment) to treat again. He also coming back the beginning of March, and I'm going to have him spray the baseboards, my bed frame, and the undersides/backs of all of my furniture. I haven't slept anywhere else other than my bed, and I only sit in one chair while I do my work/eat/study, etc. in the attempts to stay bait. I still do my laundry 2 times a week (changing sheets 3 times), and I've bought my weight in zip bags at this point. My PackTite has been going this week, and I've been working through the papers and shoes that I bagged in the beginning.

So, this is a long post... but basically I wanted people's opinion. I feel like I'm doing so much and living alone makes me go crazy. My boyfriend is off in London, and while he and my parents are supportive, they don't really understand the depth of all of this. I just wanted some "You're on the right path! It'll be OK!" from some people who understand...

2. karrieg

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Feb 13 2009 18:58:28
    #

Login to Send PM

i think your better off than others...i got srayed once and thats all i have to go on. they are not comming back and they are to spraying the appartments attached. if you havent found any bugs your doing every thing you can think of especialy that you have other people telling you what eles to do and helping you. sounds like you've done everything i still need to do. ive got the caulking ready to go after the 8 weeks of waiting for treatment to finish setting in or what ever it needs to do. i wish i could caulk allready. wana come do mine..lol...just kidding.

3. Itchy-Scratchy

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Feb 13 2009 19:38:52
    #

Login to Send PM

In two and a half months, you've reserached, caulked, packed, inspected and kept up a good attitude? My God, you're a superhero!

You're definately on the right path and, with Killer Queen helping you out, I'm sure success is just around the corner.

Hang in there!
    Kate

4. kpabarue

account closed

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Feb 15 2009 15:31:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks guys. The attitude goes up and down, but I'm trying to remain optimistic... sometimes it's hard. I'm constantly afraid they're everywhere. And that every single spot on my body is due to them.

5. Itchy-Scratchy

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Feb 20 2009 20:12:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme, what does it mean when someone has "Account Closed"?

Does this mean the person has solved their problem? *fingers crossed*

6. OutOutDarnBugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Feb 20 2009 20:14:23
    #

Login to Send PM

No, unfortunately. I'm still here, just under a different name... I figured I needed to make it more "bug appropriate."

7. Itchy-Scratchy

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Feb 20 2009 20:17:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, sorry to hear it.

How're you doing?

8. OutOutDarnBugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Feb 20 2009 20:27:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hanging in there... I'm trying to take it day by day, staying aware, and trying to remain calm about the whole thing.

The biggest discovery is the fact that I'm bruising so easily these days that many of these little spots that I'm seeing on my body could have appeared from simply scratching my arm. I've been scrutinizing my skin constantly, and seeing little red dots under my skin. I did a "scratch test" (oh, the things you do), and scratched my upper arm where there were no spots... little red dots appeared right away (and are still there, actually). So maybe they aren't ALL caused by bug bites, but rather a vitamin deficiency. Which I'd totally love at this point...

9. losingit

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Feb 23 2009 11:18:28
    #

Login to Send PM

OutDarned: I think I responded to your skin query in another of your posts. My skin is still going crazy and I was declared bb free by the dog 3 times in row (last time was early Dec)

My derm says its Folliculitis - Oh sure, I thought, right. But since then I HAVE seen that he could very well be right. He also said that old bites can continue to flare up. I'm trying to be calm and examine each 'one' to see what it is without freaking out = extremely hard.

Im not trying to diagnose you, rather suggest that our skin CAN have other things going on that may not be bb related. At least that what my skin seems to be doing!

Best of luck.

10. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Feb 23 2009 14:02:09
    #

Login to Send PM

OutOUtDarnbugs, I just wanted to tell you my own personal experience with my skin. I have sensitive skin, and have always bruised easily. Once I started getting bitten, my skin did get very strange. I started to react to shirts that I had for years that had never bothered me. I would scratch my skin, and little red bumps would appear. I once saw a gnat land on me, walk around, and fly off. My skin reacted to where the tiny gnat was, leaving what looked like bite remarks, but of course, he did not bite or sting me, my skin (or my brain) was so freaked out that even his prescence caused me to get about 9 raised red small bumps. I am just now getting to the point where my skin is calming down, and I can even wear the sweatshirt that was making me breakout just a couple of months ago. I do believe our skin can become hypersensitive.
    I'm only telling you this, because I finally figured out every little red bump, itch was not bites... I hope yours are not all bites either...
    Hang in there, it does get better!

11. OutOutDarnBugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Feb 28 2009 14:46:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks so much, bitten and losingit! My skin was already very sensitive, so I'm trying to realize that the things I now think are bites might, in fact, be what I've always been dealing with, just now I'm hyper-villigant about checking my body. For instance, I had a slight itch on my right shoulder blade this morning. When I ran my hand over it, there was a bump. The itching stopped, the bump didn't grow in size, but it's still there. I started to freak, and then thought about some things.

Firstly, I tend to get bumps all over my back, even prior to discovering BB. My doctor used to call it "sweat acne," but I get it even if I'm not sweating. When the acne first appears, the bumps can be bigger and itchy, and then they die down and look just like little pimples. But they don't pop all the time. The heat was on really high in my apartment last night, and I was warmer/sweater than usual this morning. Could be from that, I guess. I'm also using a gel on my skin that dries up the acne (as recently prescribed by a derm), and last night I didn't put it on my back. Woops!

Secondly (and I know this is the most controversial one), I don't usually react to BB bites with itching and a bump. Most frequently it's lots of rash and individual, non-itchy red marks. Could be that my body is changing, though, or that I react like this on my back, but not on my arms and hands...

And now that you all know the history of my skin...haha. I'm off to tackle a room inspection and try to figure out where these mouse droppings are coming from... in addition to scouring for BB! Oh joy!

12. Freaked out

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Mar 1 2009 0:51:09
    #

Login to Send PM

So sorry you're going through this,,,you are not alone,,,doing the same here!!! I have super sensitive skin (rosacea),,,and I'm a certified medical esthetician (skin care therapist). I have background working with doctors. I AM NOT A DOCTOR, SO NOTE I CANNOT MAKE DIAGNOSIS! I can share personal experience with myself and in the field.
    My old bites flare up,,,I panic every time,,,and have experienced new bites in new locations,,,,and they don't react the same. Just itch. Some cause rash with hives,,,some just a red bump that itches. That's my own personal experience. Now,,,folliculitis can occur anywhere there's hair (60-65 hairs per every square inch of skin),,,and when on the body,,,common on areas rubbed against clothing, such as thighs and groin. Also,,,any area of hair removal. You can get folliculitis from shaving,,waxing. I'm not going to argue a derm,,,,I know my scope and boundaries!! I would think that those of us that react,,,and have other skin disorders,,,could cause stress to skin and bring out others,,,(i.e. bug bites "stirring" up acne),,,,but again,,,I AM NOT A DERM!!! If you have any questions about folliculitis (I see it every day),,,just ask!!!! Colloidal Oatmeal is anti-inflammatory,,,for homeopathic relief for the itch,,,still is winter,,,could just be winter itch!!!! It causes rash like itch.

13. hoo2677

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Mar 1 2009 1:39:54
    #

Login to Send PM

It's true, you are not alone. My theory is the being crawled and bit on while your sleeping causes a hypersensitivity to almost anything, water, fabric, air. I think it's a reaction from your body/brain awareness that something is terribly wrong (and real) while you're sleeping and it traumatizes you and your epidermis.

I think this is the cause for the phantom creeping feelings you may have on your hands, legs, feet, arms, everything, and the bites just stick around so long, while you may be racking up more. What a scourge! My hope is that will eb with time after they are gone.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,649 posts in 49,518 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982