Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Need tips on not spreading bugs to other houses.

(3 posts)
  1. shoesnsocks

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Tue Jan 29 2019 9:57:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello, I am getting little, usually solitary, bumps aribitrarily located all over my body. I found what I now believe to be carpet beetle larvae under my bed. I am about to start house sitting for someone Tomorrow and need to know how to not spread any kind of bug to their house. The bumps that I'm getting don't look like carpet beetle rashes, and I'm worried it's possible I might have something else as well. What should I do? If I go to the doctor will they be able to tell me anything? Or should I just hire a professional to come over and inspect my room and maybe car as well?

2. SalsaVince

Posted 7 months ago
    Tue Jan 29 2019 11:05:25
    #

Login to Send PM

From reading your previous threads, you found what Lou confirmed as carpet beetles under your bed. Lou looks at bugs all day for a living so you won't get a more accurate confirmation than that. Although it is possible that you might have bed bugs in addition to carpet beetles, you've found no evidence of them, correct? So your main concern is based on skin lesions. All you can do is monitor your home for them and educate yourself on where to look. Passive monitors and interceptors could help ease your mind too. That being said, there are a few things that you could do when going into someone else's home to prevent transporting bugs not only from your home to theirs but also from THEIR home to yours. Don't store luggage on/under/near your bed or any bed when traveling. Wear clean clothes right before leaving home and wash and especially DRY all clothing immediately when coming back home. If you bring any pillows or sheets, dry them before and after travel. And hang your coat on a dining room chair or somewhere away from where people rest or sleep. Those are just things that make sense to do to be safe in general. If you haven't confirmed bed bugs, you probably don't need to any more than that unless the experts say otherwise.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  3. bugged-cdn

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Jan 30 2019 19:34:40
    #

Login to Send PM

If I go to the doctor will they be able to tell me anything?

No. I saw 4-5 doctors when I had what turned out to be bed bug bites and they weren't able to say what it was. Of course at that time I didn't know the building was infested.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,684 posts in 49,527 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982