need the experts please

(5 posts)
  1. emu2012

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Jun 3 2012 22:05:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been battling these bed bugs for quite a few weeks. The guy that rented a room in our home and brought these wonderful house warming presents has left. I still am sleeping on a blow up and live out of plastic bins but have had no bites at all. Nobody has gotten bit again but I keep finding them in my upstairs bathroom. What gives? Can someone help. I just caught a baby nymph which means they are breeding. Which makes me feel like I'm not winning this war. Well thank you all in advance.

2. brooklyn_bites

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Jun 3 2012 22:18:46
    #

Login to Send PM

What is the house situation? Are you in an apt beside other apts? Bedbugs in the bathroom is a rare thing, because they don't like heat. This often means they are traveling from another unit.

3. emu2012

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Jun 3 2012 22:23:15
    #

Login to Send PM

It's a single family home. They are definately bed bugs. They were confirmed by two pco. They sprayed and dusted the whole house a few weeks ago. I cannot afford the second treatment so I have been spraying and dusting myself.

4. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jun 4 2012 7:40:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear emu,

Hmmm, I have questions:

> Still seeing live BBs but no bites?

> We're you being bitten before you had treatment?

> Are we 100% these are BBs and not at Bugs?

Please advise, thanks ! paul b.

5. emu2012

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jun 4 2012 7:54:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I was being bitten on my couch and room. My daughter also was getting bit. I threw out all my furniture and bed. I left all the other bedrooms bare with beds that have climb UPS and all our bedding is white. I found a nymph on my son before the pco came. After he came I found a few on glue traps in the bathroom because it was the only place I saw a live one. I might not be getting bit anymore because I threw out my bed and headboard and dresser. I have two rounds of double stick tape around the blow up bed and baby powder all around. I did not use de because I have 4 small children. I did use De and caulked all over the house. Thanks for any help. I tried taking a picture but cannot seem to get it to load on the forum. Thanks for taking the time to help

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs