Need some help and thanks for being here! [now: success story]

(27 posts)
  1. b3195b6709

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Feb 2 2015 18:59:31
    #

Login to Send PM

First of all, I want to thank all of you for being here. I feel pretty alone in this and your support means a lot. This may be a long one because I have so many questions.

Situation: I live by myself in a one bedroom condo/co-op (which I own) on the 16th floor. Back in November (I think, it could be a little earlier) I noticed streaks on my sheet that looked like blood. I had a fall on my motorcycle and had a bruise around my ankle but could not understand why it would bleed only in bed. Go figure! Around 1/22/15 I saw a bug…first bug I think I had ever seen in my apartment in 18 years living there. Still I did not put two and two together. Then I saw a few other bugs on me as I got out of bed or I saw them on the bed. By mid-week, I had typed in these symptoms into Google and I knew I had bed bugs. I freaked when I started looking at the implications and costs. I went into a panic zone and started to learn everything I could and this is one of the places I ran into and I thank you again for being here.

I looked under my bed which is a platform bed with wood slats. There was some activity going on with bugs big and small. The next Saturday, I removed the mattress and started to clean… spraying with Isopropyl Alcohol (I know this can be a fire hazard but I don’t smoke and I have not experienced any electrical spark issues in 18 years in my apt. I also know it may not be the smartest thing to do now because they just hide elsewhere.) I wiped everything down and sprayed again with alcohol, put fresh sheets on (I had taken the mattress pad to the dryer and ran for 50 minutes on hottest temp) and vacuumed under the bed and behind the bed and in the room. I am under no illusions that this is a permanent solution and that I will be able to get through this without a PCO. I am just trying to get some stop-gap measures in place and for the time being it may have helped a little. There is NO visible bug activity on the bed slats or the bed frame. At night, there are still some bugs crawling in the bed. I have also done a ton of laundry and bagged it and cleaned in some closets. Still more to do though…

For the first few nights, I was getting up two or three times (I wake up a lot at night anyway), whipping on the lights and looking for bugs and killing them in tissues. I was having dreams of hundreds of bugs in the bed. I think I am getting a little better at it now and slept well last night. BTW, I really don’t show the bites much or at all for that matter. That is why this has lasted so long…I was clueless that they were there. Right now, I am not turning on the lights if I wake up and go to the bathroom. I am just going back to bed and sleeping or trying to sleep…not a lot to be gained by killing one or two of these critters. I need the sleep more right now.

I called a PCO that got good reviews on yelp and offered free estimates. He came last Monday. (BTW, I have not spoken to my Condo/Co-op Mgmt. Company yet…more on that later.) He came, looked under the bed, at the mattress, and a little bit around the apartment. He said he thought this had been going on for 5 months or so. When I asked him on a scale of 1 to 10 what this infestation was he said 6.5. The reason I asked him was the You Tube video shows what he called a 10.5 or an 11 infestation. Believe me, mine is nothing like the one in the video he shows. I hardly ever see a bed bug. He said he would treat the apartment (With spraying, I guess) for $1200 which would include 3 or 4 treatments. He also, when I asked, told me he thought there were about 65 bed bugs in my unit. I had expected him to say more. He also said I should not tell my condo mgmt. He seemed to know his stuff. I called another place that does heat treatment and they said they have to run wires up the side of the building to get the fans going. I am not sure that will work with my building people and my neighbors. My questions on PCO’s will be seen later in this missive.
    I felt I needed more education so I have been researching. Also, I felt, since it had been there for 5 months (if true) it could wait a few more days. Here are some questions. Some of them I have a good idea on since I have been looking around on forums, but just joined.

Condo Mgmt company: I think it is obvious that I should tell them and see what they say. It is a major local Real Estate firm so they should have experience. Furthermore, how do I know if there is not a major infestation takin place in the next unit? Why spend the money and get it re-infested later? I am concerned about my liability but with these things how can anyone be liable?

Laundry: I get my shirts professionally laundered at a dry cleaner. I really don’t want to tell my dry cleaner that I have this problem because they are right in the building. If I went and laundered the shirts in my laundry room on hot and then dried them on hot and THEN took them to the dry cleaner to be professionally done, would that be unethical and what would be the chance of infesting the dry cleaner? I would take them right out of the dryer and put them directly into a plastic bag. When I get them back I would have to place them in sealed bags. Also, would my washing machine and dryer plan hurt the shirts? They are routine 100% Cotton shirts from like…Nordstrom or Macy’s…nothing too fancy…

Another thing, there is a local firm that claims that this wash and dryer process that seems to be accepted on this forum as well as the University of Minnesota and Rutgers studies, is not enough. He claims that there are three washings required and three dryings at various temperatures. I can send the link to his laundry service if anyone is interested.

PCO’s: Can anyone recommend a PCO in the Washington DC area (suburban Maryland)? What is the best routine? I may not be able to do heat because I am not sure that the management will want them running wires up to my apartment.
    They may also be concerned about causing a panic. On the other hand, I want to make sure that they inspect neighbor’s apartments. I think they can do this discreetly.

Infestation level: What constitutes a mild, moderate or severe infestation? I would consider mine a mild one (although it really makes no difference…it will still require comprehensive treatment.) any thought on this?

I’m sure there will be more questions coming but I will ask them one-by-one as they arise. Thanks again for being here.

One more question: How do you change the password they give you?

2. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Feb 2 2015 21:34:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm a newbie But can tell you how to change password..Look on the right side.
    scroll till you see: view profile/ log out ..click your profile then option edit . you will find change password there..
    the other question are good one but I'm new to this BB issue as well & the experts & old timers will be alone shortly to reply to you..
    Good luck

3. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 11:35:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear b3195b6709,

So sorry you are here and are having to deal with bed bugs! First things first . . . the first step around here is usually to post a photograph of the bugs you are finding just to make sure everyone is on the same page. . . . And although it certainly sounds like you and your PCO have found enough bugs to know they are bed bugs, the professionals/experts, usually just like to confirm:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/test-13

Below are some of my non-professional/non-expert thoughts on your post:

b3195b6709 -  » 
    There was some activity going on with bugs big and small. The next Saturday, I removed the mattress and started to clean… spraying with Isopropyl Alcohol . . . I wiped everything down and sprayed again with alcohol, put fresh sheets on (I had taken the mattress pad to the dryer and ran for 50 minutes on hottest temp) and vacuumed under the bed and behind the bed and in the room. I am under no illusions that this is a permanent solution and that I will be able to get through this without a PCO. I am just trying to get some stop-gap measures in place and for the time being it may have helped a little. At night, there are still some bugs crawling in the bed. I have also done a ton of laundry and bagged it and cleaned in some closets.

As you have probably already read or learned, alcohol is a contact killer only and will only kill bed bugs you actually hit with it. Vacuuming is good, but you are trying to locate and vacuum up the bed bugs. Regarding laundry . . . no need to wash clean clothes, running them through a dryer cycle should be sufficient.

b3195b6709 -  » 
    I called a PCO that got good reviews on yelp and offered free estimates. He came last Monday. He came, looked under the bed, at the mattress, and a little bit around the apartment. He said he thought this had been going on for 5 months or so. When I asked him on a scale of 1 to 10 what this infestation was he said 6.5. . . . He also, when I asked, told me he thought there were about 65 bed bugs in my unit.

Holy cow! I have never heard of a PCO being able to estimate how many actual bugs they thought were present at a location . . . well except maybe for the professionals that participate here!

b3195b6709 -  » 
    I felt I needed more education so I have been researching.

Have you read the FAQs on this site yet?
    http://bedbugger.com/faqs/

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/faqs-about-bed-bugs-for-bedbugger-forum-users

Especially the one regarding how not to spread bed bugs when you have them?

http://bedbugger.com/2006/11/02/faq-how-can-i-avoid-spreading-bedbugs-to-others-when-i-visit-their-homes/

b3195b6709 -  » 
    Condo Mgmt company: I think it is obvious that I should tell them and see what they say. It is a major local Real Estate firm so they should have experience. Furthermore, how do I know if there is not a major infestation takin place in the next unit? Why spend the money and get it re-infested later? I am concerned about my liability but with these things how can anyone be liable?

Yes, I agee. In multi-unit dwellings, it is advised that all attached/adjoining units be inspected. Each side and below and above.

b3195b6709 -  » 
    Laundry: I get my shirts professionally laundered at a dry cleaner. I really don’t want to tell my dry cleaner that I have this problem because they are right in the building. If I went and laundered the shirts in my laundry room on hot and then dried them on hot and THEN took them to the dry cleaner to be professionally done, would that be unethical and what would be the chance of infesting the dry cleaner? I would take them right out of the dryer and put them directly into a plastic bag. When I get them back I would have to place them in sealed bags. Also, would my washing machine and dryer plan hurt the shirts? They are routine 100% Cotton shirts from like…Nordstrom or Macy’s…nothing too fancy…

If you like your shirts dry cleaned (and don’t want to use your regular dry cleaner because you don’t want them to know you have bed bugs) why don’t you anonymously call around to other close by dry cleaners and explain the situation to them and see if they take potentially exposed clothing? If you don’t want to do that, then washing and drying your shirts (especially the drying part) should render your shirts bed bug free and as long as they are sealed properly then they shouldn’t be an issue.

b3195b6709 -  » 
    Another thing, there is a local firm that claims that this wash and dryer process that seems to be accepted on this forum as well as the University of Minnesota and Rutgers studies, is not enough. He claims that there are three washings required and three dryings at various temperatures. I can send the link to his laundry service if anyone is interested.

What The????? Untrue. Heat kills bed bugs. There are temperature charts showing the kill threshold! Dryers that hit the threshold are more than sufficient! These recommendations come from professional research!

b3195b6709 -  » 
    PCO’s: Can anyone recommend a PCO in the Washington DC area (suburban Maryland)?

PM P Bello here on the forum. He is a professional and pest consultant. I know he has clients he would recommend in the DC and Maryland area.

b3195b6709 -  » 
    Infestation level: What constitutes a mild, moderate or severe infestation? I would consider mine a mild one (although it really makes no difference…it will still require comprehensive treatment.) any thought on this?

This?:

bed-bugscouk - 7 years ago  » 
    Hi Everyone,
    As promised I am posting the 1 - 10 scale that we use to grade bed bug infestations. We use it as a method so that we can discussed infestations in a logical and knowledgeable way. Unfortunately too many people get emotional about infestations and although I don't doubt that 1 or 2 bugs may be someone personal nightmare we have to deal with these issues with a scientific basis.
    In order to standardise assessments we have drawn up the following scale of infestations. Please use this scale from now on in all new infestations.
    1. Light 1 or 2 bed bugs all same life stages no signs of breeding 2- 6 week duration
    2. 3 or 4 bed bugs no signs of breeding 2 – 6 weeks duration
    3. 5 plus bed bugs no signs of breeding 2 – 6 weeks duration
    4. Few adults but signs of eggs 1 – 6 weeks duration
    5. Few adults plus some babies of 1st and 2nd instar 1 – 8 week duration
    6. Adults plus babies of 1st to 3rd instar 4 – 12 weeks duration
    7. Multiple breeding generations 6 – 18 week duration contained to original room
    8. Multiple breeding generations multiple rooms continual activity in the main room and sporadic in other rooms
    9. Multiple breeding generations per room and on going breeding
    10. All areas infested and likely to spread to adjoining properties
    Hopefully it will help to get people communicating their problem at a factual level.
    Regards,
    David Cain

4. b3195b6709

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 11:45:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks to both of you for your reply. I feel so much better having made contact with sympathetic folks!

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 3 2015 12:37:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Everyone,
    As promised I am posting the 1 - 10 scale that we use to grade bed bug infestations. We use it as a method so that we can discussed infestations in a logical and knowledgeable way. Unfortunately too many people get emotional about infestations and although I don't doubt that 1 or 2 bugs may be someone personal nightmare we have to deal with these issues with a scientific basis.
    In order to standardise assessments we have drawn up the following scale of infestations. Please use this scale from now on in all new infestations.
    1. Light 1 or 2 bed bugs all same life stages no signs of breeding 2- 6 week duration
    2. 3 or 4 bed bugs no signs of breeding 2 – 6 weeks duration
    3. 5 plus bed bugs no signs of breeding 2 – 6 weeks duration
    4. Few adults but signs of eggs 1 – 6 weeks duration
    5. Few adults plus some babies of 1st and 2nd instar 1 – 8 week duration
    6. Adults plus babies of 1st to 3rd instar 4 – 12 weeks duration
    7. Multiple breeding generations 6 – 18 week duration contained to original room
    8. Multiple breeding generations multiple rooms continual activity in the main room and sporadic in other rooms
    9. Multiple breeding generations per room and on going breeding
    10. All areas infested and likely to spread to adjoining properties
    Hopefully it will help to get people communicating their problem at a factual level.
    Regards,
    David Cain

Don't forget that this is also temperature dependent. If it's quite warm due to winter and the heat is on or if it's in summer and there's no air conditioning, then the life cycle is sped up and it would take less time to give you higher numbers of bugs located.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. b3195b6709

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 10 2015 6:22:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I ended telling building mgmt. about the issue. they were very casual about it and they are sending terminix out today. Terminix comes EVERY Tuesday to this building (1100 units here). So they say they will treat until done. Every week. I am hopeful but from reading stuff here, I am dubious. However I asked the building guy has he seen any other cases and has terminix resolved them all, the answer is yes and yes (4 or 5 cases, all resolved). I wonder if we will just be chasing these things around the building from unit to unit. for now I will be deferring to the "experts". JOHN

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 10 2015 11:10:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Not only do you not have to wash and dry 3x, but a hot dryer alone is enough if the items are already clean and dry.

You can find user comments about local PCOs by clicking the Maryland PCOs or MD PCOs tags above. Note DC PCOs and VA PCOs may also work in your area.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  8. b3195b6709

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Mar 22 2015 9:56:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I wanted to get back with all of you on where things stand at this point. One reason is to get feedback and opinions and the other is because I think some people come into this forum, have a successful outcome and then disappear. This skews the general outlook on solving the problem to the negative. While it is still to early to say if my outcome is successful (my fingers are crossed), it may prove to be.

So, as mentioned above, Terminix came for an inspection on 2/10. They had given a sheet of paper for preparation that was woefully inadequate. When the guy got here he started telling me to do things that I figured I would have to do but were not on the sheet. Such as, empty closets and drawers and bag everything. I had a three day weekend and I never stopped moving doing things related to the problem. I bagged things, laundered things and generally got prepared. I was scared out of my mind that he was going to come back and say I have not done enough. He came back on Thursday 2/19 (it had snowed here so he missed Tuesday). I had them call me when they got here and they felt the prep was good and they proceeded to treat. When I got home, there was a sticky mass of transparent goo on the bed frame in certain places (no big deal, I am just mentioning if it helps the "pros", identify the treatment used.) That night, I slept on the couch in my living room (not my idea, their recommendation). I got no bites that I noticed and saw no bugs out there. Friday night, 2/20, I slept in the bed and woke up and saw two bugs. They were both "dazed and confused" looking. I killed them and went back to bed. I saw another one walking on a wall in the morning and another on Sunday 2/22 walking on a chair in the living room, a chair that had been treated (very disturbing). Over the next week I saw two (one in the bed and one on the wall) and killed them.

They came a gain on Friday 2/27 (not sure why they missed Tuesday but at least they come every week!). This time they used some powder and they felt that things were moving along nicely. I saw no bugs over the weekend. (In fact those were the last bugs I have seen as of today 3/22 Sunday). They came back on Tuesday 3/3. They did not treat the bed again since it had been treated Friday. They came back on 3/10 Tuesday, and said that they could find no evidence of any activity living or dead. I have not see a bug since 2/27. Today is 3/22.

It is too soon to declare victory, but I am becoming increasingly optimistic. I am basically still living out of bags with some exceptions of hanging some things in a closet outside my bedroom, one which has never shown any bed bug activity. My sheets are clean and free of streaks or black dot fecal stains. I have not noticed any bed bug bites, but rarely noticed them before. I have looked under the bed on three occasions and saw no activity.

There are some things to note here. . I am very fortunate that the building management was very responsive and that the service was free for me. That made me feel good about buying all of the Large plastic bags that I bought (not the grocery store kind--the ones that are made for clothes and that the air can be sucked out of them...I spent about 50.00 on them and used them like they were drawers). One thing of concern, is that I live in a high-rise condo and they did not inspect any other units. Could they be next door.? Are these bugs smart enough to hibernate for a period of time to let the treatments wear off and then come back? In the last three weeks I have not seen a trace of these bugs, no sheet stains, nothing under the bed, nothing anywhere. My thoughts are: if they are in my apartment they are going to blindly march to my carbon dioxide output and look for a blood meal....this is not happening...at least, I am not aware of it and there are no signs.

I will try to post on or around the first of the month for the next 3-6 months, so that people can see if I had a good outcome from Terminix. Fingers are crossed.

John

9. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Mar 22 2015 11:38:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey John
    Glad your LL did the treatments & it seems to be going well so far.
    Hope you've recovered from your motor bike crash as well :-).
    Nice to show others that handled the situation the right way makes all the difference & reading the info here has helped kept yours from being another horror story, take care .

10. GhangisKong

banned

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Mar 22 2015 15:56:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm so happy for you, b3195b6709.

What did Terminix spray (which chemicals or particular brand name of manufactured sprays) and what kind of powder did they use (chemical names and/or particular brand names)?

Perhaps others can get the same thing done that worked so well for you. Thanks!

11. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Mar 22 2015 16:08:20
    #

Login to Send PM

GhangisKong - 7 minutes ago  » 
    I'm so happy for you, b3195b6709.
    What did Terminix spray (which chemicals or particular brand name of manufactured sprays) and what kind of powder did they use (chemical names and/or particular brand names)?
    Perhaps others can get the same thing done that worked so well for you. Thanks!

Ghangis,

There are many combinations of pesticides which can get the job done and it really isn't necessarily helpful when consumers get the idea that they need to ask for a certain chemical.

John,

Glad things are going well and please keep us posted!

12. GhangisKong

banned

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Mar 22 2015 16:22:23
    #

Login to Send PM

While that may be true, nobugsonme, certainly there is no harm in others knowing what the winning combination was that worked for someone else, so that it can be taken into consideration accordingly.

For example, there are tests which prove that not every powder works equally well on bed bugs.

So, it'd be helpful to know what specific type of powder and chemicals worked for b3195b6709, because not all treatment types are equally successful. Was it silica gel, borax, diatomaceous earth, or something else that Terminix used? What specific brand of powder was used?

13. b3195b6709

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Mar 22 2015 20:30:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Frankly, guys. I don't know what they used. I am not sure that they reveal their proprietary secrets very easily! No, really. I never asked and the guy who did the work was not the brightest light bulb in the chandelier. Woefully misinformed...told me I could put stuff in a bag outside at 32 degrees or less and it would kill the bugs in 24 hours. I think it is 0 degrees and it might take more than one day or not work at all if the sun hits the bag during the day and warms it. anyway, wish I could tell you more but not sure what they used. So far, so good, but it is still early.

No bugsonme:

When do you think it I safe to feel that I am in the clear?

john

14. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Mar 22 2015 21:27:18
    #

Login to Send PM

John,
    You're right that "leaving things out" is unreliable and takes much longer than the PMP stated.

It sounds like they treated 2/19, 2/27 and 3/3-- is that right? And then had a clear inspection 3/10? That sounds like you might be in the clear.

It may be helpful to have bed bug monitors in place to help you catch the problem quickly if it comes back. Did they ever inspect the attached units?

15. GhangisKong

banned

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Mar 22 2015 21:38:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the response, b3195b6709!

Regarding when one can be more certain that the bed bugs are gone - here's a great youtube video by Bed Bug Central.

[+] Embed the videoGet the Flash Video
    "In this episode, Jeff talks about different ways to help you determine if bed bugs are present in your home. Many times people are dealing with infestations, their homes are treated and they want to know how to tell if the bugs are gone. BedBug Central uses the "50-60 day rule" in that we want to see the people in the homes go 50-60 days without seeing any bugs or receiving any bites. . The reason we use 60 days is that bugs feed every 10 days or so and eggs take about 10 days to hatch. What we're starting to see is that when you apply pesticides to control bed bugs, it can cause the bugs to act "odd" and sometimes not feed at their regular interval. It has been documented that bugs may go into a "non-feeding" period after pesticide exposure due to adverse conditions. This 60 days allows the bug time to come out and feed, even if it has been affected by pesticide exposure."

By law, Terminix has to reveal to you what exact chemicals they used in your home - it is very likely in the contract and receipt you got from them. We look forward to hearing about what they used when you get a moment. That'll help you out too, to know what they used, should anyone you know get bed bugs and want to know what actually worked, or if you ever get them again, and want to at least apply the powder and sticky gel....or re-apply the powder and sticky gel as a preventative.

I hope the youtube video helps you out.

16. b3195b6709

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 23 2015 20:32:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Ghangis:
    Thanks for the video---May 1 is what I was thinking about anyway---that would be about 60 days

Nobugsonme:
    They did not inspect attached units. This concerns me. I do not know my neighbors well and am not going to do it myself.
    Do you recommend a monitor to use? Not sure if you feel comfortable doing that...

John

17. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 23 2015 22:49:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi John,

There are different approaches to monitoring. You can read about Climbup and other interceptor monitors, and passive monitors in our FAQ on bed bug monitors. They're quite different approaches and many here use one or the other. David Cain, inventor of the passive monitors, is a regular here.

You can also read about DIY approaches by searching the forum for recent posts on this.

I think that given your situation, active monitors (another type) won't be as appropriate.

18. b3195b6709

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Apr 5 2015 7:05:03
    #

Login to Send PM

As promised, I am getting back to all, on or around the first of the month for a status update. I have not seen a bug, been bitten to the best of my knowledge, or seen any trace on sheets or anywhere else of bed bug activity for 37 days. I am doing this so that there are some positive results being shown (if they prove to be positive) because I think that people who get positive results often just disappear and leave the "still struggling" behind. This skew the forum into an overall negative pattern because the ones who have successful outcomes don't stick around to share them.

I have not called Terminix to find out what treatment they used but I plan to. I will get back to you on that.

Talk to you around May 1. At that point, if I am still clear, it will be 62 days and I will feel confident.

John

19. b3195b6709

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat May 16 2015 9:44:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Just want to issue an update...close to 80 days and not a sign....no bites...no sign of bugs...sheets are clean...looked under bed twice and no sign...

20. trinimami

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat May 16 2015 12:26:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm happy for you! How long was u battling bedbugs???

21. b3195b6709

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Jun 6 2015 7:39:13
    #

Login to Send PM

In answer to trinimiami. I had them since October, I think. Maybe earlier. Really realized it in January. I didn't recognize the symptoms before then. Freaked out. Started treatment around 2/15. I have not seen one or seen a symptom for 100 days.

John

22. paranoidaboutbugs

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Jun 6 2015 19:57:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for coming back and updating! Congrats on passing the 100 day marker!

Let's get down the business... to defeat... the bugs. HWAH!
  23. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Jun 6 2015 23:13:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Congrats and thanks for updating us!

24. b3195b6709

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 15 2015 17:51:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Just keeping you in the loop...Still bed bug free. 150 days or so since I saw one.

25. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 15 2015 18:55:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Whoo hoo!! That's awesome news, and very encouraging to newbies here whose infestation isn't even as long as yours was. Glad you had a good response from Terminex. You should maybe post which office it was.

I'm not an expert just a dumb struggling bed bugger like every body else.
  26. b3195b6709

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Sep 12 2015 13:45:30
    #

Login to Send PM

210 days and did an under mattress check today. Not a sign.. No bites or stains on sheets either,

John

27. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Sep 12 2015 16:38:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations again and thanks for the updates!
    Moving to "success stories".

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,305 posts in 50,167 topics over 155 months by 21,928 of 22,425 members. Latest: xterra888, MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies