Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Need Recommendations of Good Entomoligists AND Bedbug Inspectors L.A. Area

(4 posts)
  1. LAWoman

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Dec 11 2012 17:01:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay. So I have had an issue going on two years now of something biting me periodically at night. I have done everything possible to alleviate all other known biting pests--i.e. rat mites, which were found on the property. Sealed up open screens, set traps, caught several rodents, nothing new coming up in traps now. Had fleas and did a full cleaning and DE plus special flea powder and continuous running of the traps has turned up nothing for over a month.

What is showing up now are blood spots that are perfect and round and gray to rust colored. Nothing black and they don't smear, they're just there in the morning on pillows and bottom sheet. Nothing found anywhere else on the bed. Again thorough search of the bedroom at all hours of the night and day has turned up nothing.

At this point I'm ready to bring in and entomologist for hire, but have not been able to find one in my area that does this sort of thing. And I would love it if anyone knows of a human inspector of the caliber of Killer Queen or David Cain in the L.A. area. The one thing that has never been done by any of the companies I've hired is a human inspection by someone who really, really knows bed bugs like Killer Queen, David Cain or Lou and who does a searching and thorough inspection. I am willing to pay for that service as its own service. Does anyone know of someone like that in my area. Please don't suggest K-9 inspections as I've had two already from a highly regarded local company one year apart and they can't find anything. The handlers in both cases did not do their own visual inspection apart from the dogs.

I need someone who knows biting insects like the back of their hand who can tell what is is and isn't consistent with bed bugs or mites. Currently I am seeing blood spots, I am finding little hives on my forehead in straight lines or more. I am not finding live bugs, known fecal matter AND shed skins to indicate it is bed bugs. And the bites continue for the most part to be under hair or in areas covered by clothing.

2. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Dec 18 2012 0:56:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Rob from Round the Clock Pest Control is a highly experienced PCO that may be able to provide assistance

Here is a link for an article entitled Invisible Itches from Dr. Micheal Potter that might also be useful
    http://www.ca.uky.edu/entomology/entfacts/ent58.asp

3. LAWoman

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Dec 19 2012 13:52:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you Doug, for the resources. Will check everything out and contact Round the Clock. Happy holidays.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Dec 19 2012 14:53:34
    #

Login to Send PM

You will find additional recommendations under posts tagged "LA PCOs". Isotech has a good reputation too. I have no connection with them that I'm aware of.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,899 posts in 45,902 topics over 140 months by 20,218 of 21,024 members. Latest: pollydoll227, Yo987456, ilovefloral