Need PCO Recommendations in NYC - and expert advice

(3 posts)
  1. elephant

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Nov 9 2012 21:57:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm going to personally pay for a PCO to treat my apartment unit because I've learned better than to trust the landlord to make the right decisions.

I'm not sure which company to go with. Has anyone in NYC had any success wth any local PCOs?
    When evaluating the effectiveness of a PCO's treatment plan, what should I be looking for? So many of them only perform one treatment, but I always thought they were supposed to come back for a total of 3 treatments for the eggs?
    What kinds of professional chemicals are most effective and should be used? Last time, everytime a different PCO looked at what a prior PCO used, they would shake their heads like nobody else knew anything about how to treat bed bugs, so the PCOs aren't going to give me an objective, honest answer. When I ask them what they plan to use, I want to be knowledgeable about it.

Any info is helpful!

2. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Nov 9 2012 23:00:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear ele,

Please check your PM.

paul b.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Nov 9 2012 23:22:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Click the "NYC PCOs" tag that I added just above your post (top right). You can then read posts about various NYC PCOs. You will likely see several companies which seem to instill a lot of confidence, and which use different methods.

Note that there's no hard and fast rule about how many spray treatments are needed.

I am not sure if you're not telling the landlord or simply volunteering to hire your own PCO, but note there are downsides to not telling the landlord or simply not making him responsible for treatment. (There may be legal ramifications to a tenant not reporting it, if that's the case.). Also, if it isn't handled through official channels, the landlord may not be obliged to report the problem to future building tenants via the required form..

If attached neighbors are affected, the PCO may be able to get the landlord to have neighbors inspected-- but probably not if you hire your own.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,263 posts in 50,153 topics over 155 months by 21,923 of 22,419 members. Latest: frustrated1970, duracell, Parawail