Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Need opinions on infestation size/ Crossfire treatment??!!

(1 post)
  1. Bostonbugs1994

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 16 2018 9:17:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey everyone! I’m new to the site, but wanted to share my experience/ get opinions. I apologize in advance for the long post.

So my s.o and I just moved to a new apartment 2 weeks ago. On our 3rd day living there, I found what looked like an adult, male, unfed bedbug on my pillow. This was in the middle of the day, around 3pm. I tried to kill it but lost it.I emailed our landlord about it, who swore up and down that they have never ever had a problem with bed bugs in the apartment complex. (There are 5 other units in the building). 2 days later, I saw another bug. Could’ve been the same bug as the first time, or a new one. I also had woken up that morning with about 15 bites all over my body. My S.o had no bites. I scoured the apartment and couldn’t find ANY signs of bugs other than the live one i found. This time I captured it with tape and showed it to the landlord so that she would call a PCO immediately. The next night, I found a blood filled bug that was either in the 1st or 2nd stage. I killed it. I haven’t seen any encasements, live bugs, or blood stains/feces.

*some background information.
    Prior to moving in to this apartment, my S.O and I were living at his place for about 6 months, while the majority of my stuff was in a storage unit. Not once did either of us get any bites. Prior to moving in with him, I was living in a very very large bedroom in a shared apartment in Boston. I lived there for about a year and was also never bitten.

After waking up with all the bites in our new place, I looked inside 2 if he pillows that had been in storage for the last 6 months and saw that they had lots of red dots all over them, but saw no bugs.We had our new place treated by a PCO last Thursday. He used Crossfire. I put encasements on the mattress and box spring as well. Unfortunately we have a bed that doesn’t allow for the use of climb-ups.

Some questions:

1. It is now Monday and I have not gotten any new bites. I read that most people see I creased activity after their first treatment, so I’m worried that I’m not seeing any signs of bugs?

2. Do you think I could’ve brought bugs from my last apartment, since here were red dots all over my pillows? It makes sense that I wouldn’t have been bitten at my boyfriends place since the pillows were in storage. But why wasn’t I bitten in my last apartment when I had the pillows out? (The pillows were on a couch that I never sat on). Also, it would make sense that I brought the bugs in on these pillows and am not seeing other signs. It’s only been 2 weeks, so maybe that’s not enough time for the infestation to have gotten bad yet?

3. Has anyone had their place treated with Crossfire? I’ve read it’s a new product and is very good?

4. Just general thoughts on my story and if it sounds like a light infestation or not?

Thanks so much!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,690 posts in 50,016 topics over 155 months by 21,870 of 22,352 members. Latest: paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me, mrdinosaur