(10 posts)
  1. Bedbug5594

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon May 20 2019 22:40:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi!

So we have had three treatments. One bite. Nothing on our beds. The bugs are only along the baseboard and we’ve seen maybe 20 total? I think maybe bat bugs? We are in the process of moving (lease is up-not our choice) and are trying to assess how we should proceed.
    See comments as I can’t seem to post image here

2. Bedbug5594

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon May 20 2019 23:02:05
    #

Login to Send PM

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue May 21 2019 2:20:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes it’s a cimex, not enough detail in images for species ID. Would suggest you use the bat bat vs bedbug ID key linked at http://www.batbugs.com to confirm.

The lack of faecal on the bed would support that but not the finding on the baseboards.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue May 21 2019 6:16:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Need a more close-up picture, but it's very possible that this one is a bat bug. You didn't post if you live in a separate house. Do you know if bats are an issue?

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. Bedbug5594

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue May 21 2019 9:26:16
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 3 hours ago  » 
    Need a more close-up picture, but it's very possible that this one is a bat bug. You didn't post if you live in a separate house. Do you know if bats are an issue?

No idea if bats are an issue but wouldn’t surprise me on the least. Landlord just had someone patch the roof after us living there a year and we didn’t even know it needed patching.
    These bugs just appeared on our walls a week after an exterminator went up in the attic to check on a scratching sound (mice) so we weren’t sure if he’d disturbed the bats if there are any. I’ve been quick to flush the dead bugs I’ve seen post treatment but here are the photos I do have. https://www.flickr.com/photos/170197483@N04/shares/k4Z3i3

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue May 21 2019 9:34:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Bedbug5594 - 6 minutes ago  » 

loubugs - 3 hours ago  » 

No idea if bats are an issue but wouldn’t surprise me on the least. Landlord just had someone patch the roof after us living there a year and we didn’t even know it needed patching.
    These bugs just appeared on our walls a week after an exterminator went up in the attic to check on a scratching sound (mice) so we weren’t sure if he’d disturbed the bats if there are any. I’ve been quick to flush the dead bugs I’ve seen post treatment but here are the photos I do have.

Pictures a bit dark, but shadows of marginal setae against background look comparatively long. Save specimens in alcohol is best. Catch more and you can send to me for identification.

7. Bedbug5594

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue May 21 2019 20:46:30
    #

Login to Send PM

@lou I found four today so I’m sending you two and our PCO will get two (this is the first time he’s said he has a microscope and could take a look)
    They’re also coming to look at our attic in the next few days.
    I tried to take better photos one last time to atleast help others looking at this thread. They might still not be good enough quality but would appreciate a look!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/170197483@N04/shares/ek7413

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed May 22 2019 4:55:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Still not the clearest of images but this level of detail is hard to obtain.

My gut says what I can see of the hairs is they appear too long to be bedbug and I would be going with bat at this stage.

You might want to think about getting a clip on microscope for your phone.

David

9. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed May 22 2019 6:35:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Bedbug5594 - 9 hours ago  » 
    @lou I found four today so I’m sending you two and our PCO will get two (this is the first time he’s said he has a microscope and could take a look)
    They’re also coming to look at our attic in the next few days.
    I tried to take better photos one last time to atleast help others looking at this thread. They might still not be good enough quality but would appreciate a look!

Yes, as David suggested, a magnifier clip for the phone would help. Yes, look more like bat bugs. Looking forward to the specimens.

10. Bedbug5594

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue May 28 2019 23:18:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Update: Lou confirmed bat bugs! We are almost done moving from our house so no longer our issue.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,657 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982