Need Identification for poop smear and eggs

(6 posts)
  1. Bibuabok

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Oct 15 2018 1:47:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I recntly move to currently apartment from the infested one for 12 days , i did luandry every clothes 90 degree and spray my stuff with bedbug spray
    Sadly i live in small town in russia that doesn't have much choice of spray or professional exterminator (i did 8 times self spray + 2 time exterminator by chemical treatment)
    This is what i found on currently apartment
    https://ibb.co/gvKcML
    https://ibb.co/bPUcML
    Although i found a white small eggs (in second photo) but in the photo is hard to see
    I didnt found adult bedbug but i got few bite
    What should i do now? Hiring another professional exterminator or should buy steamer and did by myself since chemical treatment not help

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Oct 15 2018 10:00:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't see anything that would make me certain of bed bugs. I would expect any fecal deposit to bleed out a little bit, which isn't present in your photo, but without actually being there to feel the woven material I can't be certain.

3. Bibuabok

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Oct 15 2018 13:21:27
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 3 hours ago  » 
    I don't see anything that would make me certain of bed bugs. I would expect any fecal deposit to bleed out a little bit, which isn't present in your photo, but without actually being there to feel the woven material I can't be certain.

Thank you
    I search some more today and got better photo and found more white eggs
    https://ibb.co/b4YvAf

I search on internet on bedbug eggs and found the exactly same egg lookalike , if anyone can confirm

4. dude

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Oct 15 2018 14:45:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm no expert but those eggs do look a lot like bed bug eggs. dont want to give you any wrong information so wait for an expert to confirm.

just curious though, how do those eggs feel like? are they slimy? sticky? hard? soft ? is it squishy? always wondered how they feel like

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Oct 15 2018 15:53:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Ah, I see them now. Consistent with bed bug eggs, yes.

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Oct 16 2018 3:57:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I see eggs that are consistent with bed bug eggs. Fecal drops are there, too. The substrate upon which they are placed is not one that absorbs the liquid, so it beads up.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,207 posts in 50,139 topics over 155 months by 21,919 of 22,414 members. Latest: Bigworm, Cain69, Bery10