Need ID: Traveling in remote area [a: expert ID needed]

(3 posts)
  1. blue59

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri May 27 2016 5:35:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, and thanks in advance for any help you can give me. It's a lot of info but kinda urgent because I need to catch a ferry if I have to leave.

I'm currently traveling in Ireland and have been staying in a few remote areas that only offer hostels, AirBnBs, etc. On Sunday I checked into a private room at a hostel and over the next few days developed bites, including three on my hand in a triangle formation. Then I noticed rust colored dots on the sheets and decided to leave a day early (but not before washing and/or drying everything, including my backpack).

I stayed at a B&B the next night and noticed more bites but was pretty sure they were just still developing from my easier encounter- all these bites are solo -- about five of them on my leg, arm and chest.

Now I'm at an AirBnB on an island with limited accommodation. I washed/dried everything again last night just in case, and stored everything in garbage bags in the utility room overnight. Late last night I was giving the bed one more inspection and under the three layers of mattress topper I saw a live bug - blackish, tiny, really difficult to tell what it was. Since I didn't see any other signs and it was too late to get the ferry, I sprayed some bed bug spray and tried to sleep.

This morning I woke up and saw a few more of those rust colored dots on my pillow and underneath it on the sheets (picture included). I inspected everything pretty well the night before so I'm almost positive they're new. Then I inspected the twin bed that's in the same room and found either a dead bug or bug skin-- it's so small it's hard to tell.

At this point I haven't noticed new bites but I'm so exhausted from this and would like to know if I need to catch the ferry back to the mainland in a few hours. I e attached two pics, not great quality but the best I could do, of the most recent spots on the sheets and the dead bug.

Here is another mark on the sheet:

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri May 27 2016 6:59:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Insect not a bedbug.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. blue59

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri May 27 2016 11:31:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for taking the time to answer, I appreciate it.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,336 posts in 50,175 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14