Login to Send PM

Nothing bed bug related.

4. notsure

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 13:27:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you. Does anybody know what it is?

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 13:37:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, looks like an orthotyline mirid, another kind of true bug. Could be a species of Ceratocapsus. It's an outdoor species.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. notsure

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 13:50:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you. My bug looks awfully close to a bedbug nymph and I was already freaking out, because my husband travels a lot. You are absolutely sure it's not a bedbug nymph.

7. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 14:03:07
    #

Login to Send PM

You are absolutely sure it's not a bedbug nymph.
    ---------------------
    I was 99% sure and I have no credentials. "Big Dummy" is sure and he's a PCO. "LouBugs" is a renowned entomologist and bed bug expert at New York's Museum of Natural History. When the other experts aren't sure, they ask him.

You have nothing to worry about if these guys say it's not a bed bug. You can be absolutely sure.

Richard

8. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 14:11:31
    #

Login to Send PM

In addition to everything Richard56 said . . . It actually looks nothing like a bed bug nymph. Not trying to be rude, it just doesn't. Click on the black box in the upper right hand corner that says photos of bed bugs and their signs and compare and familiarize yourself.

And congratulation on your NON- bed bug

9. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 14:13:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Richard56 -  » 
    "Big Dummy" is sure and he's a PCO.

BD's a PCO? I did not know that!

10. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 14:21:12
    #

Login to Send PM

BD's a PCO? I did not know that! [8O]
    ------------------------
    Well, he sounds very knowledgeable, and has mentioned how he treats bed bugs several times, but then again, his profile lists his occupation as "dead cat", so who is to know I'm sure he will clarify.

11. notsure

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 14:26:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you soooo much. You guys are awesome. I feel such a relive. Now I need to make sure hubbie doesn't bring some home next time he goes on a trip.

12. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 14:32:00
    #

Login to Send PM

BD is an illustration that necessity is the mother of all invention.

He needed to learn bedbugs because of his job and I dare say he learned what does not work from various PCO's.

Back on the OP the most obvious "tell" here is the X shape that you can see in the middle of the back. As such its not a bedbug nymph or otherwise.

Hope that helps

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  13. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 14:43:30
    #

Login to Send PM

notsure -  » 
    Now I need to make sure hubbie doesn't bring some home next time he goes on a trip.

notsure, here's a FAQ for you. It's very important hubbie checks his hotel room!!

http://bedbugger.com/2006/10/19/faq-how-can-i-avoid-bedbugs-while-traveling/

Richard56 -  » 
    Well, he sounds very knowledgeable, and has mentioned how he treats bed bugs several times, but then again . . .

Well I did teach him everything he knows! . . . Well except how to build his coffin-sized death trap . . . He did that all on his own! Haha!

14. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 16:26:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I prefer to think of myself as a hobbyist.

Though not employed primarily as such I work closely with PCOs and develop pro-active treatment methods and have built a few kill boxes using experience from HVAC and programming.
    This site/members have taught me much of what I know, but keeping and breeding my own bed bugs as well as being first on the scene for any bed bug calls adds to my arsenal.
    Always learning.

15. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Feb 17 2015 17:57:58
    #

Login to Send PM

My bug looks awfully close to a bedbug nymph and I was already freaking out, because my husband travels a lot. You are absolutely sure it's not a bedbug nymph.

Back on the OP the most obvious "tell" here is the X shape that you can see in the middle of the back. As such its not a bedbug nymph or otherwise.

I know this is redundant, but it looks absolutely nothing like a bed bug nymph. Yes, it's a true bug, so there is a beak, but all other body structures are not bed bug. In fact, this insect has normal sized hemelytra (wings). Adult bed bugs do not possess normal sized ones; the nymphs basically have to structures that would appear as wing buds either. The X shape is the cross over of the right and left hemelytra.
    Look at some pictures of bed bugs on my site and compare to yours.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lou_bugs_pix

16. notsure

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Feb 21 2015 14:22:20
    #

Login to Send PM

This is just a beetle, right? Found it crawling on my ceiling. Its the size of an ant. I'm just trying to figure out what is biting us.
    top of the bug

bottom

Thank you.

17. notsure

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Feb 22 2015 1:19:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I think I figure out what my first bug is. I think it is a Minute Pirate Bug.
    http://bugguide.net/images/raw/CLX/Z9L/CLXZ9L7ZTL0ZVLJLFZXR6LIRQHIZQH5RCLQZCLSZALIZDLQZKH6RZH7ZDL4RHHPROLKZPLIR3ZIRPL.jpg

Could the second bug be a nymph of the same bug? That would explain our bites.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,207 posts in 50,139 topics over 155 months by 21,919 of 22,414 members. Latest: Bigworm, Cain69, Bery10