(3 posts)
  1. kingkong0704

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jan 1 2013 16:27:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie to this site but I found a bug that really looks like a bed bug to me.
    I had some family over on Sunday night and I found this bug monday night crawling across my master bathroom floor. I haven't left the house for any trips in the past 4 months since my daughter was born. I was thinking that I could be lucky and just have this one bed bug that just hitched a ride with one of the family members. Based on the information on this forum, I checked all over the place, my mattress, box frame, headboard, dressers (behind and underneath), baby's crib, sofas (inside and out) and my closets. I didn't find any activity nor did I find any eggs. I do know that they could live in the baseboard or outlets so I may not be able to see them now. I haven't seen any other ones crawling around.

However, I know there are others that may look like it so wanted to see if any of the experts could confirm my suspicion.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91771201@N06/

If this is indeed a bed bug, do I really need to get my whole house treated before it gets worse? We haven't had any bites but I am afraid it might be a bit early.

Thanks for everyone's help.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jan 1 2013 16:34:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It's a bedbug or closely related. Something about the hairs on the tail end make me suggest double checking with an entomologist or knowledgable PCO to make sure it's not bat or bird related.

It had not recently fed so if there is a lack of faecal it may be a rogue hitch hicker and recent introduction.

I suggest keeping an eye out and monitoring.

More info in the FAQ's and useful tools sections.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. kingkong0704

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jan 1 2013 20:23:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thx David. I do feel a little bit more ease since this could be a rogue hitchhiker. Is this particular bedbug a male or female? I'm not sure if it would matter but was thinking if this was a female, it could have laid eggs since it was 24 hours after people had left.

I am having several PCOs coming this week.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,306 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo