Need help with possible bedbugs

(7 posts)
  1. gemmalema

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Sep 6 2016 14:09:44
    #

Login to Send PM

So nearly two weeks ago I came home and took my baby upstairs at 6 pm for bed. As I got to the bed the sheet was hanging off on one side, as I picked it up a black bug ran from under the sheet and to a seam on the side of the mattress. I freaked out and stupidly hoovered it up. I immediately thought bedbugs. Since then I have searched all my mattress, bed frame, babys cot, headboard, picture above bed. I haven't found any signs of feces, she'd skin or bedbugs. On a pillow I thought I found a nymph , I squashed it and a smal smear of blood came out. I couldn't salvage anything as it like rolled into nothing as I squished it. I have placed interceptors on the legs of the bed and made a homemade CO2 trap. These have been in place for over a week and nothing's new any of them. I have 3 children, we don't have any bites, I had one on my leg and one on my face , but they disappeared over night. The baby had a tiny like pimple above her lip that I thought could have been a bite but not sure.
    Can anyone help, do you think I have bed bugs or am I being totally paranoid lol ? I live in Manchester uk and we don't have the experts here who could do a inspection, I have rang the local council and they said I would have to produce a big and take it to their office ? What a stupid practice, it just makes me think they clearly don't know what they are doing. I just need some advice. I have ordered a passive beg bug monitor, but I am just waiting for it to arrive. I'm just totally over anxious about the possibility it is bed bugs. Any help would be greatly appreciated x

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 7 2016 0:26:28
    #

Login to Send PM

You might want to post a photo for ID, just to be sure.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. gemmalema

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 7 2016 0:55:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry I'm unsure as to what photo to take ? I haven't actually got a bug for ID.

4. gemmalema

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 7 2016 1:35:39
    #

Login to Send PM

https://www.flickr.com/gp/146984143@N02/x2R5Cr

Hi I've posted a picture of the stain after I squashed the bug, it's the only evidence I have really. Thanks

5. nomorebugs01

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 7 2016 11:22:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Gemmalema I sent you a PM

6. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 7 2016 12:13:54
    #

Login to Send PM

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/test-13

Your photos aren't coming through. This link should help!

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 7 2016 17:00:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I fixed the photo link. If you just paste the URL in next time, without using any codes, it will form a link.

I am not sure if anyone can say anything based on the photo. I understand you don't have any bug samples. Next time you see one, take a photo. The link misery posted above has tips for getting a good closeup.

Most people don't describe bed bugs as black, and many other insects are mistaken for bed bugs, so this is an important step. Itching may have other causes.

At two weeks, it may be hard to find fecal stains, but bed bugs do defecate every time they feed, so it shouldn't be long before someone who knows how to look could find them. Try other local pros if you need an inspection.

David Cain of bed-bugs.co.uk is a London expert who may be able to recommend someone locally.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,735 posts in 50,026 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,358 members. Latest: weluckyfew201, questioning_bugger, Mikayah