Need help with ID, is this a reinfestatIon?? [expert ID needed]

(9 posts)
  1. nycgirl89

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 31 2017 11:10:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay long story short I had bed bugs last January, got 4 treatments total in the space of about 2 months. Last treatment was March 16, and my latest live bed bug sighting was April 25. That being said there was never a sign of any bed bugs anywhere but in my bedroom (live in a 2 bedroom apartment). Lived out of bags basically until September of last year cause I was paranoid and finally living like a normal human. Fast forward to today, sittIng in my living room couch, and i see a bed bug walking in my laptop... i think im almost 100% certain this is a bed bug i just need help confirming this.
    I am super confused, no bites on either myself or my sister, i checked the beds and they all look clean (all encased) I just vaccumed the entire thing and sprayed some DM... Also i never even saw a single bed bug in my living room while we were infested.
    My questions, is this just like a loner bed bug that randomly stayed alive? is it coming from a neighbor? (even though I was told I was the first and only person to have this issue in the building). was it in my laptop???? Its been over a year and i was just wondering if this is normal for them to come back.... any comments and feedback are appreciated!!!

http://imgur.com/a/W6Ho5

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 31 2017 11:14:31
    #

Login to Send PM

A better picture would help. Not certain that's bedbug related.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. nycgirl89

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 31 2017 11:26:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey, sorry! I squished the bug so I'm not sure how much better they will be but here's a better batch of pics.
    http://imgur.com/a/UgJmQ

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 31 2017 14:14:55
    #

Login to Send PM

It looks like it could be a squashed first instar bed bug.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. nycgirl89

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 31 2017 14:29:47
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 14 minutes ago  » 
    It looks like it could be a squashed first instar bed bug.

Thanks for your reply, can you explain what a first instar is?? What would you suggest I do?? The exterminator is coming on Sunday to assess the situation...

6. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 31 2017 16:44:27
    #

Login to Send PM

A baby bedbug that recently got its first blood meal.

7. nycgirl89

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Apr 1 2017 10:47:54
    #

Login to Send PM

jim danca - 17 hours ago  » 
    A baby bedbug that recently got its first blood meal.

Oh.. so maybe the picture doesn't reflect this, but this bug was probably about the size of a sesame seed??? What's the right protocol going forward?? Do I need a treatment or is this something I can just DIY?

8. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Apr 1 2017 10:53:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Get an inspection of the bedroom. Remember, the average bug feeds once a week and always poops after a feeding. Give yourself about a 14 day countdown from the time you find the first live insect.

9. nycgirl89

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Apr 1 2017 11:04:12
    #

Login to Send PM

jim danca - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Get an inspection of the bedroom. Remember, the average bug feeds once a week and always poops after a feeding. Give yourself about a 14 day countdown from the time you find the first live insect.

Thanks so much. The exterminator is coming in tomorrow. What's strange is that this time they appear to maybe be in the living room, rather than my bedroom (which was the case last year)
    Anyway thanks!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,649 posts in 49,518 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982