(4 posts)
  1. ziggystardust

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Sep 11 2015 9:10:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey everyone,
    I suspect I have bed bugs. However, the only "evidence" is that my husband had some bites and now my daughter has come up with bites in the past few days. I cannot find any casings, bugs, or fecal stains as evidence. We want to use climb ups as a way to catch them but our bed has a head and foot board that runs the width of the bed (see here: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S69009475/) vs. typical four feet. Does anyone have any ideas about climb ups for this sort of bed or any other suggestions on trapping them? We'd really like to get treatment started but I live in an apartment and in my state it is the landlord's responsibility to get treatment.
    Thanks for your help

2. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Sep 11 2015 9:45:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Not sure if the bed frame is sturdy enough to support it, but you might try using wood or PVC pipe to prop it up and then put the ClimbUps under. I also think something may be made just for that so you might contact the manufacturer and ask, or maybe someone here will chime in.

If the frame won't handle it, another idea is to temporarily detach the head and foot board if possible. Then I'm pretty sure 4 or 6 pieces of wood or PVC pipe would work.

BTW nice looking bed. How comfortable and sturdy is it? Wooden slats underneath? I'm currently in the market for one.

Richard

3. ziggystardust

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Sep 11 2015 10:11:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Richard56 - 24 minutes ago  » 
    Not sure if the bed frame is sturdy enough to support it, but you might try using wood or PVC pipe to prop it up and then put the ClimbUps under. I also think something may be made just for that so you might contact the manufacturer and ask, or maybe someone here will chime in.
    If the frame won't handle it, another idea is to temporarily detach the head and foot board if possible. Then I'm pretty sure 4 or 6 pieces of wood or PVC pipe would work.
    BTW nice looking bed. How comfortable and sturdy is it? Wooden slats underneath? I'm currently in the market for one.
    Richard

Thanks for the suggestions. The bed frame itself is okay. It was easy to put together. It's from Ikea and doesnt require a box spring so the comfort would probably depend on the mattress you have/choose.

4. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Sep 11 2015 11:35:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Check your PM's in a few minutes.

Richard

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,988 posts in 49,598 topics over 153 months by 21,730 of 22,177 members. Latest: nadialula, Charybdea, Maria081