Need help. please advise.

(6 posts)
  1. emu2012

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon May 7 2012 2:10:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Like everyone here my story starts about the same. My brother who lives with me started getting bites. He at first thought he was having an allergic reaction to something. He lives in the first floor of my home. I four young children including a newborn. At around 1 to 2 am my baby wakes up and I take her downstairs so she does not wake up the rest of the kids. A few weeks ago I started noticing bites. I thought that they were mosquito bites. But everyday I kept getting more and more. I started suspecting bed bugs but found none. O have asthma so I always had covers inn my mattress and pillows. I checked my whole sofa and nothing. I started to think I was nuts. Two days ago my toddler was crying nom stop and I gave him a bath and Lo and behold a bed bug came off his body. It is not and adult yet but it had the speck of dust. O made the mistake of tearing my boxspring and mattress apart in my room. I threw out my whole bed headboard and dresser. I bought a blow up bed and today my son woke up with 10 bites. I am close to 60. I don't know what else to do. I have bagged everything and I feel so overwhelmed because this is an old house and there are tons of places to hide. To add to it o lost my job so o don't think we would be able to hire am exterminator. I can't seem to find anymore but we are most definately getting eaten up at night. I'm so depressed right now and have not slept for 36 hours. Can some one help or recommend an affordable exterminator in nj. I am so despon

2. emu2012

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon May 7 2012 2:17:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry I'm so tired. I am close to 60 bites and can't seem to trap them or see them. But I have that one bedbug in a ziplock bag.

3. NoLongerHappy

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon May 7 2012 8:08:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi! I am not a professional first and foremost, but I am going through a similar situation. Been bitten the past month, saw my first bug fri. Since then have caught about 15-20 of those evil monsters. Did not sleep fri night or last night, spent the entire weekend cleaning, bagging, etc etc etc. My humble advice-you MUST get a PCO in to handle this soon, or you will continue this head game and mental torture. It's virtually impossible to do this on your own; I am not trying to discourage you, as I am going through the same thing; PCO coming tomorrow-I also cannot afford it. The good news? This is NOT as big of a deal as it currently seems. There are tons of success stories! And also-the mental part is the worst, as these bugs do not spread any disease, so keep in mind that you and your child ARE safe-just try not to get too overwhelmed. Difficult as a youknowwhat, I know. These bugs are TINY and unbelievably sneaky and insidious. Also-try not to switch rooms to sleep; they will find you and that will spread the infestation. In the meantime, to keep it under control and get some mental satisfaction, isoprop alcohol will kill these beasts on contact, and it will make you feel good to get some sweet revenge! Sorry if my response is rambling as I'm very tired too. Good luck to you. Keep posting, and be positive-hopefully a PCO will respond and ease your mind a bit. For now, thank god you don't have bird mites!!! Read some stories about them if you want to see true horror-it might even make you somewhat relieved you're dealing with bedbugs!

4. emu2012

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon May 7 2012 9:51:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your reply. I'm calling a pco today. I found only that one and no other one but I have over 60 plus bites. I literally am throwing everything out. I know they say not to but I cannot be in the same house as anything that might have a bug in it. I wish you luck and I hope you get all those little suckers..Game face on. I'm coming after them.

5. NoLongerHappy

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon May 7 2012 10:15:08
    #

Login to Send PM

You're right they do say not to-and unfortunately I'm dead broke (and overly sentimental lol) so im spending grueling hours at the laundromat shrinking my clothes! Haha anyways do what you gotta do to beat these bugs!

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue May 8 2012 0:10:21
    #

Login to Send PM

See the tag above your post that says "NJ PCOs"? Click that to get prior discussions. Many will have recommendations or describe experiences with various firms that work in New Jersey.

If by any chance you're renting, it may be your landlord's responsibility to treat for bed bugs.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,607 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956