(7 posts)
  1. doris

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Mar 18 2015 18:42:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Can someone tell me what these are? I am finding them EVERYDAY on my tile, sometimes on my kitchen counter.. I have never had any issues with bugs in my home. I took a collection of them to the hardware store.. but nobody knows what they are. I am assuming because it has been so hot in Southern Calif, that must be why I am seeing them.. I have carpet upstairs only..

Thanks so much

2. doris

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Mar 18 2015 19:35:28
    #

Login to Send PM

20150318_144145 by clara7955, on Flickr

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Mar 18 2015 20:06:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It's our old friend the variegated carpet beetle. A quick search of the forum will point you in the right direction, the trick is to focus on removal of any larval skins.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Mar 20 2015 16:38:14
    #

Login to Send PM

"Zed it's a beetle" and aside from the bizarre British spelling David is quite correct, varied, but it feeds on many things as a trip through the forum, Yahoo or Google will inform you.

5. doris

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Mar 21 2015 19:20:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you.. abit disappointed with my pest control service.. sent them a picture before posting here.. and THANK GOD I was told here what they were! Still have not heard back from my service. I am trying to figure out how to search this forum for how to get rid of them... Is there a post that tells me how to search ?? Thanks so much for your quick response!

6. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Mar 21 2015 19:42:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Yahoo or Google will inform you Try the various .edu sites as they are university sites.

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Mar 22 2015 8:36:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Your pest control company should not tell you that it's a bed bug.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,704 posts in 49,532 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,143 members. Latest: shawnpayne1982, JaphaSundog, Missdebra2323