Need Help Identifying (Please Help!) [a: not a bed bug]

(4 posts)
  1. tylereide

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Apr 22 2013 19:52:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Found this on my bed today, during the day however. I know bed bugs don't usually come out at night. I think this is just a beetle of some kind, just wanted to make sure.

Can anyone confirm this isn't a bed bug? From what I can tell, I think it is probably just a carpet beetle.

It has what appear to be strips on its back, and it is moving fairly quickly.

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r729/Tyler_Eide/photo_zps91af2545.jpg
    http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r729/Tyler_Eide/IMG_2397_zps514aa6a6.jpg

thank you for your help, anyone.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Apr 22 2013 20:23:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The picture is not very clear but if the head sticks out as it appears to in the picture it's not a bedbug.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. tylereide

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Apr 22 2013 20:26:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you! and YES the head does stick out, and it is striped.

4. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Apr 23 2013 6:53:14
    #

Login to Send PM

OK, David is correct, it is NOT a bed bug.

However, when I enlarge it on my pc it appears to be a varied carpet beetle from the shape and coloration.

In any case, nothing to worry about !

Hope this helps ! pjb

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,846 posts in 50,049 topics over 155 months by 21,878 of 22,364 members. Latest: Datnguyen, Mariam, GoingBananas