Need help-going crazy

(2 posts)
  1. bugs406

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Apr 24 2016 12:20:42
    #

Login to Send PM

5 weeks ago, I bought a used couch from a thrift store. Brought it home and googled how to replace a couch cushion. Immediately sites about bed bugs came up and I began to panic. I learned how to search for them and spent hours tearing the couch apart. I found nothing....no fecal spots, no cast skins, no bugs. I was so freaked out, however, that I got rid of the couch 4 days later. Since then, I have put encasements on both mattress and box spring (both of which are 3 months old). I put climb ups under the metal bed frame legs. I bought bed bug blue and tested every little black thing I ever saw. I have a few "bites" but they aren't welts and they don't itch at all. They could very well just be little pimples.
    I am obsessed and can spend hours searching my bed with a flashlight. I check my sheets every day and occasionally find very tiny black flakes which lift right off and don't smear when wet. I have bought a new comforter and isolated my bed away from the wall. I am obsessed with checking my body for any possible bite mark...its ridiculous. I know this isn't rational but that doesn't seem to matter.
    I am so stressed and overwhelmed worrying that I might have bed bugs...it is seriously hurting my life. I don't want people to come over-just in case. If I had bed bugs now ( after 5 weeks) what kind of signs should I be seeing? How can I let this go?
    Thanks for your help!

2. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Apr 24 2016 12:56:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. For years I bought secondhand furniture and never had a problem. As 5 weeks have elapsed and you have not seen any signs having torn apart the couch you are extremely likely to NOT have bedbugs. I think you have learnt a useful lesson about the growing problem with BBs. Just relax and try to enjoy your life. Happy dreams

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,940 posts in 49,855 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19