(5 posts)
  1. darthvadernoooo

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Sun Jul 28 2019 19:55:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Good evening all,

My husband and I recently moved to Indiana and have been in our new home for about a week. Prior to getting into our home, we stayed in a series of hotel rooms. Since getting bed bugs is a big phobia of mine, we checked reviews of each hotel prior to our booking and thoroughly checked the mattresses/box springs with each stay. We did not see any signs of bed bugs and, to our knowledge, have not received any bed bug bites.

I was in one of our guest bedrooms unpacking today, when I saw a possible dead bed bug on the window sill. We have collected the bug and are waiting for positive identification from an exterminator tomorrow. As you can imagine, this situation has been very unnerving, so I wanted to see if this truly is a bed bug. To date, we have not seen the bugs anywhere else in the home, including our bed (YET). Granted, we have not conducted a thorough inspection of the room we found it in. There isn't a bed in the guest room currently, just my collection of yarn and fabric, and books.

Pictures are linked below, please let me know if you need better quality photos. Thanks in advance for your help.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5nAmSnLYp7BmwGmH6
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/UZhD8HNjqS3qwncF8
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/yRjqDMH5mAvADWou6

2. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Jul 29 2019 0:53:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes, this is a bed bug or a close relative. It might be possible that this issue has already been treated. I would advise passive monitoring right now before jumping to any conclusions.

3. darthvadernoooo

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Jul 29 2019 11:53:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Mawiwala - 10 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    Yes, this is a bed bug or a close relative. It might be possible that this issue has already been treated. I would advise passive monitoring right now before jumping to any conclusions.

Thanks for the response. Am hoping that if it was a previous infestation, it has already been taken care of. No bed bugs in our bed as of last night.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Jul 29 2019 12:50:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Given the situation I would check the baseboards for any fecal staining as well as the carpet edges, just to be sure there's nothing still alive.

5. darthvadernoooo

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Jul 29 2019 18:27:13
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 5 hours ago  » 
    Given the situation I would check the baseboards for any fecal staining as well as the carpet edges, just to be sure there's nothing still alive.

Thank you! The exterminator did not see any other signs of bug or an infestation, but did warn us it may be early. We will monitor for the next month, and I will likely sleep with the lights on until then 😌

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,337 posts in 50,176 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14