Need bug ID

(4 posts)
  1. ParanoidandExhausted

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 16 2018 17:36:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok so I had a very small infestation about 8 months ago (so small that the exterminator told me that, had I not had a dead one in a ziplock to show him, he wouldn’t have even treated - he ended up treating twice). I have since moved, put encasements on my box spring and mattress, and put passive monitors on my bed legs. My paranoia got so strong after moving that I ended up having to go to therapy. I never found fecal stains, cast skins, or bugs. Until today, when I checked the passive monitors and found the bug in the images below. I sent these pics to two different exterminators and they both said it’s probably a beetle, but I’m so worried that this nightmare is happening again, and that I’m going to go through another mental breakdown. Someone please help...

[/img]

[/img]

2. ParanoidandExhausted

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 16 2018 17:37:20
    #

Login to Send PM

[img]Image and video hosting by TinyPic[/img]

3. ParanoidandExhausted

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 16 2018 17:38:10
    #

Login to Send PM

[img]Image and video hosting by TinyPic[/img]

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Jul 18 2018 7:10:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I answered this question in another post. Beetle. Don't use tinypic- very annoying to work with.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,804 posts in 49,552 topics over 153 months by 21,709 of 22,154 members. Latest: Jcschw, Zirrion, Natureboy325