Need advice/reassure (long story)

(6 posts)
  1. Sleeplessinseattle

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Aug 29 2019 0:36:30
    #

Login to Send PM

So, never thought I would be one that has to deal with bedbugs. This is a long story.

Last November, I moved into a newly purchased (but old) house. Didn’t see the signs (how did I miss them when it’s all I see now) of a previous bad infestation. It wasn’t until February/March when my dog threw up on the bed and I took my sheets off to wash them that I saw the bugs for the first time on my body pillow. . I had only got bitten on my ankles once 2 weeks prior but when I had checked my bed, never saw them.

Cue the hysterical crying and 2 hours of sleep until any PCOs were awake/open for calling. I found a local business that specialized in BB treatment using Steamers and chemical sprays. They were affordable and most importantly could come the next day. My day then consisted of putting all my clothes into bags and taking them to my siblings house next door and straight to the washer/dryer. I did decent amount of prep as asked and they came and treated. T

The PCO said that it was clear there was a bad infestation previously and that the previous tenant/owner probably didn’t do their due diligence and a couple rogue bugs survived. I kept my clothes at my brothers (after Washing and drying everything on high heat) for 5 months after the first treatment. 5 treatments later, the first 3 which were typical course and the last 2 because it seemed like I kept finding just ONE alive on the wall after I had a friend over (maybe the extra CO2) it finally seemed like they were gone. I waited 4 months before I brought my clothes back to my house. (I keep all of my clothes in a separate bedroom and my bedroom only has my bed and tv stand/tv). I thought the nightmare was over.

Today, I found a dried and obviously dead bed bug top (no legs or head but the round oval part) stuck to my bath towel. Could it be that it was just picked up off the wall or somewhere? I haven’t had any bites. I check my pillows and bed and walls every night before bed. I have mattress and pillow encasements. I’ve contacted my PCO who will come next week to check my house but I’m so tired and exhausted of this entire nightmare. Does anyone have any advice or reassurance for me?

2. Misslena

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Aug 29 2019 5:42:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Our PCO told us 3 things after our first treatment:

1. This was not a one shot treatment, they would be back a couple times to treat and assure they are gone and stay that way.

2. We would begin and continue to find dead bugs after treatment, so like you said it could've been one that had been around for a minute and your towel picked it up.

3. We would begin to have psychological effects, meaning, in our minds, EVERYTHING that we see is a BB, and boy was he right! From lent to the little crusties that form at the corner of your eyes when you wake up... yeah I mistook those for a skin once and freaked myself out. I'm not doubting that what you found on your towel was a BB (which doesn't necessarily mean the nightmare is starting all over again, could have been from previous infestation) especially if it was full grown and easy to see. But if you're suffering from the same psychological effects that I am, then don't allow your mind to play tricks on you.
    Another suggestion, could it have been another type of bug on your towel?

Kudos for being so diligent and going above and beyond to rid yourself of these stressful little demon bugs. You're doing everything right from the encasements to checking your bed regularly. Please post what your PCO says and keep us updated.

3. Misslena

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Aug 29 2019 5:44:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Forgot to ask, what was used during treatments? Our PCO used both Temprid and Cimexa.

4. Sleeplessinseattle

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Aug 30 2019 0:10:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Misslena - 18 hours ago  » 
    Our PCO told us 3 things after our first treatment:
    1. This was not a one shot treatment, they would be back a couple times to treat and assure they are gone and stay that way.
    2. We would begin and continue to find dead bugs after treatment, so like you said it could've been one that had been around for a minute and your towel picked it up.
    3. We would begin to have psychological effects, meaning, in our minds, EVERYTHING that we see is a BB, and boy was he right! From lent to the little crusties that form at the corner of your eyes when you wake up... yeah I mistook those for a skin once and freaked myself out. I'm not doubting that what you found on your towel was a BB (which doesn't necessarily mean the nightmare is starting all over again, could have been from previous infestation) especially if it was full grown and easy to see. But if you're suffering from the same psychological effects that I am, then don't allow your mind to play tricks on you.
    Another suggestion, could it have been another type of bug on your towel?
    Kudos for being so diligent and going above and beyond to rid yourself of these stressful little demon bugs. You're doing everything right from the encasements to checking your bed regularly. Please post what your PCO says and keep us updated.

I am positive the one on my towel was a bed bug. I’ve looked at/seen enough of them to know. I’m really hoping that it was just picked up off of somewhere. It was very clearly dead. I definitely have sat up in bed in the middle of the night and checked my walls or bed because that paranoia lingers. My PCO said to keep an eye out this weekend and we will set up a time next week for them to come and check my house out. I just feel like this is going to never end and until my new house is done with renovation, I have to stick it out.

5. Sleeplessinseattle

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Aug 30 2019 0:13:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Misslena - 18 hours ago  » 
    Forgot to ask, what was used during treatments? Our PCO used both Temprid and Cimexa.

I believe my PCO said they use Demand CS but it’s been a while so I’m not completely sure. They use a steamer followed by the spray and treated the whole house. I actually live in a duplex (other side is under renovation) and we paid to have both sides treated.

6. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Aug 30 2019 5:32:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

please stop writing in bold letters. It is really hard to read.

Sounds to me like a long dead bed bug. If you feel insecure maybe a packtite passive monitor would bring you some peace because you could check more regulary for an infestation.

Try to reduce the daily checking. It just raises the anxiety.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991