Need Advice, What to do next?

(3 posts)
  1. Collector84

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 17 2014 0:19:11
    #

Login to Send PM

So I moved into a new apartment 3 months ago and about a month ago my girlfriend noticed some bug bites like mosquito bites on her arm. I hadn't been getting bitten and there were no signs of BB's anywhere on anything, so we shrugged it off. Neither of us were getting bit for a while and then I saw a BB crawling on the box spring in the early evening. I immediately identified it from pictures on the internet and then (unfortunately) squished and flushed it.

I then proceeded to call my landlord and they sent of an exterminator. This guy came in claiming he had 15 years experience with bed bugs. He tore the place apart with a flash light and looked in every possible crack and crevice. He said they could find no evidence that there were any bed bugs anywhere in the apartment. He treated everything with pesticide very thoroughly. I then bought mattress encasements and have pulled the bed away from the wall. The following nights I got a few more bites. I have white linens and find not blood stains or droppings or anything. No signs on the white encasements either. The PCO came back to do a follow up and I told him how I was still getting bit. He looked around again seemingly puzzled because again he said he saw nothing that would indicate a bed bug presence. He treated again. that was two days ago and this morning I woke up with the most bites on my body yet. I don't know what to make of it. What should I do next?

2. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 17 2014 10:17:20
    #

Login to Send PM

What you're experiencing may not be bed bug bites.

If you're having "numerous" bites then we'd expect that this would be due to "numerous" bed bugs being present. And, if this is so, we'd also expect that an experienced pro would at least be able to find telltale signs or physical evidence of bed bugs present.

From the information posted it appears that this is not the case. As such, logic would dictate the following scenarios:

1. Yes, there are bed bugs but you or your "experienced" pest pro is not able to find them.

2. No, there are no bed bugs and something else is responsible for what you are experiencing.

Of course, we don't have much else information to go on here which is a decided disadvantage.

In my experience and observation, if there are numerous bites occurring on multiple days then this would indicate a significant number of bed bugs being present. And, if this were true, there'd be increasingly more physical evidence to find as time progresses.

As such, if we assume your pest pro know what he's doing and that you know what, where and how to look/inspect yourself yet neither of you are able to find physical evidence of bed bugs then it would seem that it is unlikely that you actually have bed bugs present.

Does this make sense to you ?

Please advise of any additional questions or concerns.

Hope this helps ! paul b.

3. Collector84

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 17 2014 22:44:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I would certainly love it if that were the case but what about the actual adult beg that I found and killed on the box spring? Wouldn't logic suggest that if I found one then there are others and that they are responsible for the bites I'm experiencing?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

272,348 posts in 44,490 topics over 135 months by 19,507 of 20,186 members. Latest: SBbluebed, Panic-in-my-bedroom, Fighterme