Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Need advice--scheduling a fourth treatment?

(4 posts)
  1. Nicoleslaw

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Dec 16 2015 8:42:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello and thank you for reading!

I first found bed bugs in my bedroom about 2 months ago. I was under the impression it was a mild infestation because this whole time we've only found four bugs--and the exterminator didn't find any. We've had three chemical treatments about two weeks apart and have not had any bites for a month. We thought we might be in the clear, but then yesterday my partner woke up with three bites and on top of that there was a live bug just sitting on the ceiling, in the corner of the bedroom. Our last treatment was a week ago.

At this point, does this mean we should do a fourth treatment? I of course want to do whatever is necessary, but since we've already had three treatments I'm not sure what a fourth would accomplish?

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Dec 16 2015 10:21:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Was the bug on the ceiling an adult? I've seen this happen several times. It may mean your problem is almost gone.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. Nicoleslaw

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Dec 16 2015 14:35:27
    #

Login to Send PM

It was an adult! We haven't found the one that bit my partner though-- hopefully it got taken care of in the thorough laundering/vacuuming we did. Not sure how it got in the bed at all since we have traps, but we have 2 cats, possibly one of them accidentally carried it up?

Thank you for the advice. Our landlord is thankfully paying for the treatments, but the stress and hassle of a fourth spraying makes me wanna go insane, especially if it may be unnecessary.

4. FormerlyBuggy

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Dec 16 2015 17:08:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you in a multi-unit structure or a detached single family home?

If it's a multi unit, have all of the surrounding units (above, below and all sides) been inspected/treated?

It sounds to me like you might be dealing with re-infestation from a surrounding unit.

Hope this helps,

Melanie

I am NOT an expert - just a grateful bed bug survivor willing to share my experience, strength, and hope with others.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,975 posts in 49,594 topics over 153 months by 21,728 of 22,175 members. Latest: Scaredofbugzzzz, AVersicolor26626, nadialula