Need advice for moving

(2 posts)
  1. MonsterNessa

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jul 11 2013 11:39:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello! I need some advice. I am fixing to move out of an apartment building with a persistent bedbug problem and into a building that appears to be bedbug free. Our current landlord is lazy and only sprays one apartment at a time instead of the whole building at once, thus the bedbugs just wander from one apartment to the next. We have been infested twice, and our unit was most recently sprayed in April. I have not seen any signs of bedbugs since, however, I would be mortified if I unintentionally brought the infestation into my new building. Does anyone have any advice? Some people who move from our building just toss and replace all of their furniture, but we can't afford to do that.

2. MonsterNessa

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jul 11 2013 16:12:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, I've gone over a bunch of the other threads posted about moving and feel better informed. I've made an order for some passive bedbug detectors to go under the legs of the bed, so I can know for sure whether the infestation is really gone. We have some money left over from our wedding that we are considering using to replace our bed, which is small for two people anyway. Not sure what to do about the couch. My husband is voting to toss it even though we can't afford to replace it (and it's a suede couch, I've really enjoyed having it).

Does anyone know of a detector that could go under the logs of our couch? They are large, blocky and square, too big for traditional detectors as far as I can tell. Maybe I should just try to tape to see if they pick up anything?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,684 posts in 49,527 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982