(3 posts)
  1. mimi1104

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Feb 11 2019 16:30:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone,

So we purchased a house and moved in on October 1st.

My daughter started showing one “bite” on arm on January 2nd.
    The next time she showed any bites are on 1/11 which were two in her face
    Then all the way on 2/9, again on the face.

My son showed similar bites on 1/31 and then on 2/9. Only on the face, 1-3 at a time.

We live in a 5 bedroom single family home and they sleep on opposite rooms of the house. 3 other adults live in the home with no bites.

No signs whatsoever of any bed bugs (castings,poop,blood stains). Did see a carpet beetle shell in my son’s room.

We haven’t had much people come over except for someone to repair our hvac system and a painter to paint the interior of the home. All done in October.

Does this sound like bed bug activity? Maybe the adults r getting bit but showing no signs?

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Feb 11 2019 17:01:54
    #

Login to Send PM

No evidence to point towards bed bugs, so with the info you've provided, no, it does not sound like bed bugs.

3. mimi1104

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Feb 11 2019 19:28:00
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 2 hours ago  » 
    No evidence to point towards bed bugs, so with the info you've provided, no, it does not sound like bed bugs.

I’ve seen a lot of people post that they don’t see signs or an actual bug for a few months. The kids’ bites are consistent with the ones I’ve been seeing in pictures. Just so torn and anxious!!! Can bites be really that far apart in time? A stretch of 1 week then of 3-4 weeks?
    I know the reaction could be from the carpet beetle...but just on the face is weird.
    They’re always wearing long sleeved/pajamas at night, so IF it were bed bugs, I guess it’ll go for their faces ?
    And for me not to see any evidence, and both getting bit in two separate rooms—shouldn’t I see at least one sign? Ughhh.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,506 posts in 49,276 topics over 152 months by 21,596 of 22,019 members. Latest: tlc6225, Laurenke, elco1996