Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Need advice and help, Uk bed bug problem.

(6 posts)
  1. Bitingback2

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 30 2017 8:41:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone I'm new here and from the UK.I've been dealing with bed bugs since the 21st July, I think we had them for around 4 months prior to that after my daughter returned from a trip to Prague. I'm seriously fed up with this now, we have had 2 chemical treatments 3 weeks apart and they are still very much alive and biting us. I have no faith in the pco I am using and don't think he is up to the job, I won't go into that now all I'll say is I didn't research thoroughly! We have bugs confirmed in 2 rooms (casts,live bugs,fecal spots) but I'm convinced I've spread these disgusting beasts all over my home by now. Anyway my question is can anyone recommend to me a decent, reliable and competent pco in the north of England ( Yorkshire area). This country is seriously lacking in up to date accurate advice and information on dealing with these pests. Most pest control companies seem to be spray and pray cowboys, I'm learning fast! So anyone in the UK if you could advise me and point me in the right direction I would be forever grateful. I need someone to help me before I lose my mind! Also what can I be doing to help, I'm planning on steaming the bed frames is this a good idea?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 30 2017 9:01:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Also from the UK.

The odd thing is that the UK leads the world on understanding the problem and the EU code of best practice for bed bugs is currently the best one. The sad part is that so few pest controllers follow it and because of the low perceived value in pest control in the UK there is not the money to change that quickly.

If you reach out to the bed bug foundation they can advise of members of the scheme in your area which will at least be a starting point. Such people are likely to want a full breakdown and history of what has been done to date as that can effect the methods used to resolve things.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. Bitingback2

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 30 2017 10:41:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for replying David, I've had a look at the bed bug foundation website but can't seem to find a way of contacting them. I just want this whole thing over with, never in my lifetime did I think I would be dealing with bed bugs and it's just proving to be an absolute nightmare. I have no idea what to do next, 21 days will be up on Friday so unless a miracle happens by then and they all die I'm back to where I started. Thanks again for your input.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 30 2017 10:50:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The contact page is here:

http://bedbugfoundation.org/en/contact/

I am sure you can appreciate that not everyone can deal with initial contact via the phone as it can be very time consuming.

David

5. Bitingback2

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 30 2017 11:19:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank-you that's very helpful, that's what I was looking for but couldn't find it,think I need a break! I understand the time thing believe me, I'm spending too much time focusing on bed bugs and eradicating them when I should be working, good job I'm my own boss otherwise I would be fired!

6. Whyme020

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 2 2018 15:22:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone. I'm newcomer to the UK and of course to this forum. My native country is bed bug free, so I can't find any information on my native language and excuse any mistake that I make on this mistake.

I'm struggling to find any residual insecticide here in the UK. So far I could only find pyrethroid based ones. I would be very grateful if somebody can reply to me with the names of residual insectides available and, or where to buy them. I live in London, BTW.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19