(5 posts)
  1. Adeena

newbite

Posted 12 years ago
    Fri Jul 27 2007 13:00:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi All,

About a month ago (the night I discovered that we had BB's) I had a PCO come out and spray, he then came 2 weeks later to spray again. My husband and I werent thrilled with him so we recently hired a new PCO to come out and spray. Since our discovery of the bed bugs and after throwing away the mattres, we havent seen any bugs nor have I gotten bitten. (Crossing my fingers!) Now heres the catch, since we threw out our mattresses we have been sleeping in out guest room - like 5 feet away. I know that we should ideally be sleeping in our room, but we didnt want to move the beds. The rooms are so close together that i figured that they would have followed us there Anyway. Plus - my brother stayed with us for a week and stayed in our room ( i know, im a mean sister) and he didnt get bitten nor did we see any signs - and trust me i searched. So should i have the PCO come out again ( this would be #4), if we havent seen any signs? Keep in mind i'm 6 months pregnant and these chemicals cant be great for me.

Thanks again!
    Adeena

2. nightshirt

Posted 12 years ago
    Fri Jul 27 2007 14:41:41
    #

Login to Send PM

people here know more about the chemicals than i do but just b/c your brother was not getting bit does not mean he was not getting bit. some people do not show signs after they are bitten. my husband did not. also they usually do not go where hair grows.

also, did you catch a nymph for the pco to see. a lot of times they need proof before they commence a treatment plan.

3. willow-the-wisp

banned

Posted 12 years ago
    Fri Jul 27 2007 14:50:41
    #

Login to Send PM

the PCO and or the goverment (FDA) or the chemical manufacturer may all be able to answer such questions adeena. The lables on the chemicals and the pco chemical sheets should also contain such info--if they don't--they should.

willow

4. Adeena

newbite

Posted 12 years ago
    Fri Jul 27 2007 17:37:57
    #

Login to Send PM

thanks for your information. Nightshirt - I'm not sure where you got that information about bed bugs not biting where this hair. A friend of ours, a VERY hairy friend, had bb's amd got bitten like no tomorrow.

5. (deleted)

Unregistered

Posted 12 years ago
    Fri Jul 27 2007 18:43:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Adeena, the hair thing is probably a reference to what entomologist Dini Miller discussed in this interview.

Bedbugs will bite their host no matter what, that is for sure, but I think this is about head hair and the differences between lice and bedbugs...

Is your husband allergic to the bites? The best thing is to have someone who is allergic to the bites sleep in the bed room. If your husband is allergic, he might sleep there for a few nights so that you don't have to. There is no way of knowing whether your brother is allergic or not.

I agree that the bugs probably will have followed you, but the ultimate test is to sleep in the bedroom.

If your husband is not allergic to the bites and therefore not a suitable test subject, perhaps then the only choice is to move back into the bedroom. You have to at some point anyway. Of course, at the very first sign, you call the PCO back.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,754 posts in 49,796 topics over 154 months by 21,795 of 22,260 members. Latest: insecureuser, o0liver19, Laura07