Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Need Advice about moving back into bedroom

(2 posts)
  1. arianacassie

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Dec 19 2012 14:23:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Breif history....... found bb's in my sons room. Went mental and sprayed steamed and threw out his mattress, bed and chair. Washed everything and stuck him in my daughters room. His room has been empty 3 months. We had a few stragglers through the upstairs over the past few months. Found a small nest under the footstool in his room 2 weeks ago. I steamed the crap out of it all including the adult female. Since then nothing. I check every room , bed , couch everywhere. Constant vacuum, steam and washing. I will not use pesticides simply because my son has asthma and i dont want to drive them into hiding i want them front and center so i can kill them. There has not been bites in about a month. before that since we moved my son out of his room. How safe is it to put him back in his room? I dont want to rush, I kind of want him in there as bait lol . Im putting him in a sleeping bag on a camping bed with bowls under the legs of bed and minimal furniture for hiding . Should I wait? Is this mean? lol I just want to see if there's more around . He has an instant reaction to the bites so I will know right away if they are in there . I should note, he wants in his room ASAP .

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Dec 19 2012 14:45:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If you are worried an active monitor such as the bedbug beacon could be run int he room to check for anything that is left but after 3 months and some visits to the room I would anticipate that any bedbugs would have left to seek food elsewhere in the property.

Once clear and reoccupied along with the other rooms in your house you should switch to Passive Monitoring for early detection on the basis that should you bring anything home again resolving the issue may be as simple as replacing the Passive and deep cleaning the room to be certain there are no stragglers.

There is information about this approach in the FAQ's and useful tools sections of the site.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the FTC and AUP I only confirm my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor.

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,827 posts in 49,817 topics over 154 months by 21,804 of 22,271 members. Latest: wish2bbbfree, pedwards, Mawa316