Need Advice!

(2 posts)
  1. JEPA

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 20 2014 23:28:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been living in a multiunit apartment building for about a year now and two months ago my roomate and I found bed bugs. We've had the exterminator in 4 times over the past two months. He found a small infestation in one of the bed platforms but the treatment seemed to work after the second and third round. However, we began seeing the one here or there in the bathroom usually in the tub or on a wall. We then found one on a curtain in our living room and one one couch. We called the exterminator and he came back for a fourth treatment. The day after the last treatment we found three more! We've washed our clothes several times now., dusted DE around areas we've seen bugs, I'm not sure what to do next. Can anyone offer some advice? My next option would be to move but I'm afraid they'll follow. What do I do?!

2. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Aug 21 2014 7:49:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmmm . . .

Some comments & questions for your consideration:

> Did they positively identify these critters as bed bugs?

> Are you confident they did a thorough job?

> Did they send one or two techs to do the work?

> Did they disassemble your beds for a thorough inspection and treatment?

> Did they remove the dust cover from your box springs for inspection and treatment?

> Did they upend your sofa and upholstered furniture, remove the dust covers beneath for inspection and treatment?

> Did they thoroughly inspect and treat other furniture present?

> Did they provide you with labels & msds of products applied?

> Did they open and dust all utility penetrations? (electric, HVAC , plumbing, telephone, cable tv, smoke alarm, etc.)

> Did they vacuum and steam prior to insecticide applications?

> Did they lift the carpet to inspect and treat the carpet tack strip area?

> Did they install mattress & box spring encasements?

> Did they place any monitors?

> Are you aware of bed bugs being present in neighboring apartments?

As you may tell from the above questions there are a number of considerations, additional information and possibilities to consider here.

Please advise on the above such that we are better informed to help you to help yourself !

pjb

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,470 posts in 46,800 topics over 142 months by 20,650 of 21,545 members. Latest: Spezid, Needshelp, Meb1