(5 posts)
  1. Tiredandscared

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 8 2018 1:22:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

I just moved from a spot with bed bugs. I put all of my things in storage in contractor bags with nuvan strips, except for clothing which I washed and dryed (for an hour and a half) then put everything in ziplock bags. I got an air mattress and bought new bedding with white sheets so I can monitor everything easily. It looks like I'm still getting bit and even more than when I lived in my old apartment. I've been here for a week and woke up with my back side and thighs covered in marks. Now I have dots on my inner arm. I'm freaking out. I still have stuff left at my old place that I want to bring to storage and then the rest I want to get rid of because it's not worth the hassle. Going back to my old apartment is on my mind 24/7 and I'm scared to go back there. I'm also terrified I brought the bugs with me. I used my friends truck to move stuff to storage and though I put everything in contractor bags in the bed of the truck, I'm still scared I tracked them in on my shoes or something. I sprayed my shoes with 90% alcohol every time I entered and was leaving the building but I am still not sure if I did enough. What would you recommend I do to get some confirmation I brought them with me or not? Also, any advice for getting the rest of my things out of my old place without contamination would be so helpful

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Oct 8 2018 10:39:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Being covered by skin irritations sounds more like an allergic reaction, or stress. If those were new bites and if there were that many it should be easy to spot bed bugs on your new bed. I think there is another cause, your cleaning sounds pretty thorough.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. Tiredandscared

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 13:37:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your response. I'm still getting what looks like bites on me. My new apartment has ants and spiders that I've found in my bed but they don't usually bite unless bothered. I was sweeping my room yesterday and saw small spiders but even smaller bugs (barely knew they bugs except they moved across the dust pan quickly). They were a pinkish tint and when squished secreted pink. I'm scared they were nymphs. I also saw babies spiders when sweeping but they were larger and a darker color. I set up CO2 traps with yeast and sugar to try to catch anything but can't tell yet if they have anything in them (it was still foamy when I got up for work this morning). I'm just so nervous with the bites and now these teeny tiny bugs that look like they were filled with blood that I carried an egg with me that hatched. I dont know how to get comfort around this. Are there other things I can do to confirm if this is me being stressed or if I should worry I brought them with me?

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 13:50:51
    #

Login to Send PM

No pink in a bed bug, the blood goes into them red and darkens from that point. Nothing you're posting sounds anything like bed bugs, I would look for a different cause of your skin irritations at this point.

5. Tiredandscared

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 14:33:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Bless you. I am sure you can tell this experience has left me paranoid and distressed. Thank you for your patience in reading my rants and responding to me.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,523 posts in 46,598 topics over 142 months by 20,553 of 21,419 members. Latest: pestbreaker, TRAY, tjg