Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Free for all

Need a reality check...

(3 posts)
  1. freakedoutandbroke

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 16 2010 21:11:47
    #

Login to Send PM

So it's been about 105 days since our last treatment--very thorough treatment of all bedding and bedroom area, using Phantom. Phantom is only active 90 days from what my PCO says.

Sunday my hubby woke up with a row of what looked like 3 bites, and another nearby. Typical cluster pattern you'd see with bedbugs. He has not previously reacted to bites. There also may have been a stain on his shirt (opposite side of his tummy from where the bites showed up). Bites faded by evening, assuming they were bites.

PCO came today and found no evidence, other than the spot on the t-shirt. Which admittedly could be something else.

I have only seen one live bug, and that was 1 year ago. Do you think they're really back, or am I overreacting? Could this be something else? Should we wait and see? If it is an infestation, eventually more signs will appear. If it's not, why expose myself to more chemicals?

2. SearchandDestroy

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 16 2010 22:43:15
    #

Login to Send PM

As they say, you can't determine by bites alone.

Monitor and see...I'm doing the same. Won't use more chemicals unless we have to.

3. scaredsilly

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 16 2010 23:33:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Get one of David Cain's passive monitors. I'm doing the same. If it is bedbugs, from what he posted, they should harbor in the monitor, enabling you to tell for sure if you have them. Also, it may be possible to toss the infested monitor and get rid of the infestation. Read more on that. Good luck!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,704 posts in 49,532 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,143 members. Latest: shawnpayne1982, JaphaSundog, Missdebra2323