need a bug ID! [a: beetle abdomen, but not from ladybug/ladybird beetle]

(4 posts)
  1. huffwellington

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Sep 23 2017 11:49:57
    #

Login to Send PM

So I have been getting bit quite a lot. Checked youtube on how to find bed bugs and I've been tearing the room apart. Only thing I found was what appears to be some kind of bug cut in half. Looks very similar to pictures of bed bugs I found online. Please help. I CANT SLEEP.

The images below are both sides of the bug, front and back.

IMG_0057 by john knight, on Flickr

IMG_0061 by john knight, on Flickr

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Sep 23 2017 12:36:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It's an insect abdomen but 100% not bed bug. If you search for "headless ladybug" you will find other examples.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Sep 23 2017 18:43:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks like a beetle abdomen, but not ladybug (ladybird beetle). But the theme is correct.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. huffwellington

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 25 2017 10:02:50
    #

Login to Send PM

thanks guys!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,306 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo