Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug science, "experiments," etc.

Natural Product & Live Bed Bugs !

(9 posts)
  1. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Jul 5 2012 23:34:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm sharing a "slice of bed bug life" story with you, pardon my venting, thanks !

I visited a home that was treated with a "natural product" just hours before my visit. While I will not name the product, amongst the AIs present on the label are cedar oil, eugenol, geranoil, citronella oil & others.

Hmmmm, me thinks, that's a lot of oil and this was readily apparent as I could literally "skate" across the bedroom floor on the post application oil slick present.

The resident reported that the bed bug professional was making an application every other day with this "special product" that "only professionals can get". Yes, this product is indeed "special" in a fashion akin to riding to school in a short bus is special however, that would be an insult to students of special needs across the entire country.

"37 Seconds !"

Upon initiating my inspection of the bedroom it took about 37 seconds to find the first live bed bug. In the time that followed I found nearly 100 more live bed bugs of varying ages all of which were present within the box spring and along the beading of the matress. And, there were few, if any, dead bed bugs to be found. (Hmm, I wonder if this is because, according to the product literature, this product is supposed to digest the bed bug epicuticle such that those affected bugs simply "melted away or disintegrated" before I got there?)

This pest professional told the homeowner that there would be five treatments conducted every other day to get rid of their bed bugs. (Imagine that ! Where do I sign up ?)

Lessons learned: (Yes, some are obvious.)

> There continues to be misinformation "out there" that needs to be corrected.

> Websites such as this help the public to learn correct information.

> There are no "silver bullets" or short cut magical answers to the bed bug problem.

> Sticking with the fundamentals will enhance your results.

> If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

> You cannot kill bed bugs within the bed by coating the floor and baseboards with oils.

> Bed bug customers need to educate themselves and choose wisely.

Hope this helps ! paul b.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jul 6 2012 8:12:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Paul,

Yet another example of why anything related to bedbugs must be independently tested and clear advice on how / where it should be used.

Sadly we see far too many nightmares like this with "organics" as well as some "professional applicators" in fact I am no longer in any doubt why bedbugs are spreading so fast, its simply because the vast majority do not approach the issue professionally.

This goes for faulty products as well as poor service quality.

Its a shame it is being let to get this bad.

Sounds like you need to send me some of this wonder treatment so I can test and publish.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. djames1921

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jul 6 2012 11:53:21
    #

Login to Send PM

The question is, if it won't kill my bed bugs, will it at least keep my car door from squeaking?

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jul 6 2012 12:13:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Bet you're feeling pretty slick right now, eh Paul!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jul 6 2012 12:15:19
    #

Login to Send PM

It sounds like Paul's mystery product is also "non-toxic."
    To bed bugs, that is.

6. AshamedandScratching

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jul 6 2012 12:25:58
    #

Login to Send PM

It will keep the moths at bay. You would appreciate this if you were a sweater.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jul 6 2012 12:32:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Who says I am not a garment made of wool?

Oops! I meant to keep that a secret.

8. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jul 6 2012 19:22:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I should have taken a bunch of photos & videos but it was more important to get the work done.

Slick, lol !

Even IF this stuff could do a decent job killing bed bugs, who would use it to apply in any customer's home at the risk of coating every treated surface with oil?

To give you an idea of how the treated surfaces appear; open a package of microwave popcorn where a lot of the oil has leaked out from the paper bag and into the plastic bag. That's pretty much what the treated surfaces look and feel like. Slick? Yes. Good? No !

Hope everyone has a great bug free weekend ! ! ! paul b.

9. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Jul 7 2012 9:02:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear Folks,

I posted the above "story", please scroll up to original post, in an effort to help prevent bed bug sufferers from falling victim to the outrageous marketing claims associated with these type products.

Hope it helps ! paul b.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,415 posts in 50,190 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams