Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Mystery bites continue

(5 posts)
  1. astrogirl

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun May 26 2019 15:40:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Still getting mystery reactions. I woke up with another bite/reaction in my one nostril again. It almost feels like
    someone is shooting histamine right into my nostril. It’s always one nostril, never both.
    There’s a red little mark and an itchy bump. I know David said inside the nose is not an optimal place for BBS to feed. Has anyone else experienced this?? It’s bizarre and it legit only happens at night while I’m sleeping. I’m trying not to freak out but I’m not any closer to finding out what is happening to me. I have eliminated every soap, detergent, lotion and the reactions are still happening. This has been going on since last September. I would’ve see one bug by now right?? Sorry. I’m just venting and trying to think outside of the BB box.

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon May 27 2019 6:29:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Remember that not all skin reactions or lesions are attributable to having had insect bites and/or feeding. There can be other reasons for a variety of skin lesions that might be misinterpreted as being bites.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. astrogirl

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon May 27 2019 15:23:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Lou. I’m constantly reminding myself of this. I’ve gone to basically every doctor all with different opinions none of which have panned out. My last resort is an infectious disease doctor but I’m not hopeful. My mom even stayed with me for over a month and nothing happened to her so of course she thinks I’m crazy. Lol I had to stress to her that not everyone reacts to the same things. I just hate that I don’t feel comfortable in my own home like I did when I first moved in a year ago. I’ve never had a fear of bugs or even thought about BBS until this started happening. I just keep going back to what triggered this in the first place 7 months ago. My childhood home where I spent most of life was sold around the same time. Maybe some sort of ptsd from that? Idk Anyway, thanks for listening.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon May 27 2019 18:08:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I have written a lot about people being mindful about their attraction to bedbugs when they don’t have them.

This is especially true if you have non of the confirming signs and that non have appeared over a long period of time.

If you feel the sale of a home resulted in ptsd I would suggest you see a therapist around that.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  5. astrogirl

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon May 27 2019 18:48:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks David. I think I’m in denial that this may be all in my head at this point. I guess I can’t come to terms that my mind could be the cause of these reactions. Is the mind that powerful?? For other people? Yes, of course, but for me? No way! Lol Which is completely irrational. But, what is it about these bugs that we become so obsessed with?? You never hear about people having this with cockroaches or ants or mosquitoes? I’m going to go and read up on what you’ve written about this and try to find therapist tomorrow. Thanks again for taking the time to respond and being understanding.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,734 posts in 48,881 topics over 151 months by 21,459 of 21,861 members. Latest: NHbugs, nervousbackpacker, SimpleObserver