(3 posts)
  1. spicynat

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Dec 5 2014 21:50:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone,

I've posted some things on the forum but haven't introduced myself yet. So here I am.

It all started beginning of October. I was making in the laundry room of my building when I started speaking with one of my neighbors. She tells me as if she was talking about weather or anything without any importance: "oh you know what? Some people have bed bugs in the building..." I was like:"What? Are you kidding me?"
    I immediately contacted the company handling the building so they could treat the matter ASAP. I was soooo scared those damned bugs would come to my apartment. Specially after realizing people having them where washing their clothes in the same as I do. I was terrified!

Time went by and finally the 20th October a PCO came to visit all the apartments in the building to check any BB activity. No signs in my apartment. I had no bites. No stains. Nothing! The PCO however told there where several places with BBs in the building and that one of them was really nasty! There were BBs everywhere. He told me that just entering the apartment he already knew it was infested because of the smell and because of the noise when he was walking on the floor. He added: "some places are so nasty I wouldn't even let my dog sleep in there."
    Very reassuring, right? Anyway I tried not to panic. I had no BBs. I was lucky.

But about 10 days later I started to get bitten. That's when my nightmare begun. In 4 nights I got more than 50 bites! Of course this started a weekend so I couldn't even call the PCO to come and confirm it was a BB infestation. I had to wait until Tuesday for him to come. And there I had the terrible news: "I'm sorry to inform you that the BBs from the other apartments got to yours" So I was like: "Ok. What now?" The PCO: "You have to wait until the company that handles the building accept to pay for treatments. It's useless to treat your apartment until the other places aren't treated. The BBs will come back."
    That was probably one of the worst news I've ever had in my life. Now I had to wait until the damned owner would handle this! Yes damned. I'm already in a legal battle with him because of serious matters in the building. Anyways, I went to see what the law says in my country about bed bugs. It clearly says that in this case the owner has to pay. But again with a dishonest owner like mine... I got a letter few days later saying that I had to pay for it. Complete lie!

I was so tired. I was sleep deprived like I had never been in my life. Plus I was still recovering from a serious illness that lasted 2 months. So I decided to go sleep at my mother's place. I was desperate. I didn't have the energy(mentally and physically) to start another legal fight so I just started to look to what I could do in the meantime. I bought a steamer and some aerosol pesticide as I couldn't find DE. I vacuumed every single place in my apartment. Specially the bed and the space between the wall and the floor. Put all the things that were on and around my bed in sealed plastic bags adding aerosol pesticide before sealing them. I then steamed my whole apartment. I washed everything I could at hot temperature. For my everyday clothes I used the sealed with aerosol pesticide bag technique before washing them. When I finally could find DE I put it in every single crack and hole I could find. I also bought silica mastic to seal the space between the wall and the floor around my bed. I continued to vacuum and steam over and over and over relentlessly. After two weeks of intense cleaning I decided to try to sleep home. But before that I pulled my bed away from the walls and furniture and placed little boxes filled with DE at my bed feet. I also put double-sided tape around them to create a double barrier. First night was horrible I almost couldn't sleep. When I woke up I saw a little red thing on my bed!!!! I watched closely and realized it was a nymph filled with my blood! I just wanted to cry! I squashed it immediately. It was moving very slow. Maybe it was starting to die because of the DE. Don't know.
    At that point I thought: "OMG these little bastards put some eggs in my bed!"(sorry for the language) I was a step away from insanity. I swear! I thought ok I need to know if it was the only one or not. I vacuumed and steamed my bed again and added DE. Slept(if I could say so) another night to see if I got bitten again. Nothing! It's been 2 weeks now. No more bites. But to be honest I now have severe insomnia. Tonight I've decided to put my bed back to its place next to the walls again as a test. I'm terrified! But I guess it's the only way to know if they are really gone.

I also bought some glue traps. Nothing in there for the moment.

Sorry for the very long story.

Have a nice day or good night!

2. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Dec 6 2014 0:45:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not an expert but it seems to me putting your bed against the wall is a mistake.

I'm not an expert just a dumb struggling bed bugger like every body else.
  3. spicynat

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Dec 6 2014 9:19:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello Robinsmom!

I understand why you say that. But I have to do it. I can't live like this anymore. I'm tired to be scared. I'm completely traumatized by all of this. I just need to know if they are gone. I'd rather have bad news that stay without knowing and living with fear. Even though I will still leave in the fear of the BBs coming back from my neighbors. I don't make the laundry in my building's laundry room anymore. It seems that's one of those places you have a high risk of getting BBs.
    I probably would have handled things better if I hadn't been so sick for so long when those damned BBs came to my place. I just did and do the best I can. I feel lucky in a way because I'm the kind of person that if there are ten people in a room and one mosquito I'll be the one bitten and more than once! It's always been like that and I've always hated it! But know I see this as some blessing as this caused me to act immediately so I could stop(at least I hope) the infestation quickly.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,399 posts in 50,188 topics over 156 months by 21,933 of 22,434 members. Latest: Kimmmie46, esedndwi, Help123