Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

My PCO doesn't believe that I am still getting bitten!

(5 posts)
  1. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Apr 29 2008 19:02:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi All,

So we have the dog coming to sniff again, because I seem to have new bites. Carl suggested that this could mean we are getting the bugs from our neighbor. Total drag because I live in a coop and can't force anyone to get checked or treatment. I called my PCO, who in fairness has come back 3 times and been VERY careful (but used no powder only steam and spray). He says basically there is nothing left that he can do! What should I do? It has been 2 months and I have a 3 month warranty. Should I switch PCOs? So far no bugs or eggs have been sniffed out in the wall or in the floor. Mostly in clothing and furniture. I would need a good amount of proof to try to convince the board to get my neighbors to get treatment. AHHHHHHH. I am so frustrated. I know that this isn't the end of the world, but we have basically put a lot into our own apartment and now we won't be able to sell it or anything until this problem is dealt with. I think next time I will rent and it will be the landlord's problem (poor schlub).

2. bugbasher

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Apr 29 2008 19:27:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Itchy,
    Are you bagging clothing according to protocols? If not ,you have to start.I ask because some people just wash and dry on hot and then put it all back in it's place,this doesn't work well.If you are bagging clothing ,how did the dog detect the clothing as infested? The other thing I can think of is caulking and sealing all areas that have gaps,where they could get in from a neighboring unit,as well as using a dust before you caulk.What does your pco have against the dusts? They are an essential tool,imo,for cracks and crevices that nothing else will reach.I would have all the outlets and electrical fixtures and plumbing fixtures dusted and then caulk. Good luck

3. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Apr 29 2008 19:42:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Bugbasher,

Yes we are bagging like crazy! The dog smelled through a bag that we had not yet dried! I don't know why PCO doesn't like dust, maybe due to our toddlers? I think that I may have to get a new one. I will caulk more, though I have done the major cracks. What a pain!

Thanks for your help!

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Apr 29 2008 21:30:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Itchy,

Unfortunately, you may need to try and convince your board to deal with this--at least to cause all adjacent units to be inspected. My understanding is it is much cheaper to have a group of units searched by a k9.

If they are coming from a neighbor,

1/ No amount of spraying in your unit will stem the tide, so no point changing pco,
    2/ It is highly likely you are not the only neighbor getting them coming over EVEN IF no one else has noticed yet (they may not react to bites).

Others have had to talk to their coops and some have had success. Click the "coop" tag above to search for some of those threads.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. fightorflight

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Apr 29 2008 21:56:31
    #

Login to Send PM

No bugs sniffed in walls or floor. Whether your neighbors have them or not, this seems like very good news to me. It seems one of the keys to success is persistence. I know it is not always recommended, but maybe you should consider disposing of some of that furniture, if you have not done so already.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,735 posts in 50,026 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,358 members. Latest: weluckyfew201, questioning_bugger, Mikayah