Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

My landlord won't do anything about the bb's that came from next door.

(2 posts)
  1. Marilyn71

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Sep 8 2015 0:29:59
    #

Login to Send PM

A little over a month ago I found my couch to be infested with bedbugs. I soon found out that they came from the apartment next door. I've told my landlord about what I found and he did not offer and help and pretty much told us to fend for ourselves. He then told me that he knew the guy next door brought in a futon that was infested and supposedly it was taken care of, but obviously not. Soon before I found them in my couch the guy was evicted but for unrelated reasons. Anyways, I know my rights and that the landlord is responsible for taking care of this since I did not introduce them into the apartment. But I don't want to cause trouble because when I did talk to him he kept mentioning how we could of introduced them ourselves which is highly unlikely. All my furniture was brand new when we moved in about 9 months ago. I don't know what to do and all of this has cause anxiety and depression. I spent the next 3 days after I found them vacuuming and cleaning like a mad lady and it put a huge halt in my life. I only found them in my couch since that's where I usually sleep when my husband is at work on night shift. I've check upstairs in my bed constantly and there are no signs of bugs and I'm pretty confident that they didn't follow us up there. I've only seen two at different times crawling by the back sliding door since I vacuumed the couch, sprayed with hotshot, and fogged the whole apartment. I have even seen them outside by my back door coming from the direction of the other apartment. I currently have diatomaceous earth all along my baseboards and in my couch cushions and sprinkled in all the nooks and crannies of my couch. I even took off the dust cover which is where some were hiding and sprayed and drenched with DE. Our lease isn't up for another 3 months but we can't move until we can afford to get a house so we are pretty much stuck here for another 10 months or so. Any suggestions?

2. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Sep 8 2015 1:31:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Do not use foggers again. Ever. It's the worst thing anyone can do in the fight against BBs. I wish I had more to say but that is paramount to everything else. I know the pros here will give great advice to you! They are amazing.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,257 posts in 46,267 topics over 141 months by 20,394 of 21,225 members. Latest: Llorenzaccio, morgan, mojo172