Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

My girlfriend found a bedbug in her apartment... what next?

(3 posts)
  1. nobugsplz

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Jun 9 2012 10:26:27
    #

Login to Send PM

My girlfriend and I have both been getting some bites and we weren't sure what they were. Then I inspected her home and found a bed bug on her sofa. She's had them before 3 years ago so she knows what to do, but I'm really worried. I got a ton of bites the other night staying at her place, but we stayed at mine last night and I haven't noticed any new ones.

Should I go ahead and take precautions in my home? I started hunting and havent found anything yet.

I left my backpack and jacket on her sofa where I found the bed for a whole night. Now they're in my apartment, along with her pajamas that came over here earlier in the week. Am I doomed?

My BIGGEST question is... how can I help my girlfriend get rid of her bed bugs while making sure I don't bring them over to my apartment?

Thank you!!!!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Jun 9 2012 14:08:32
    #

Login to Send PM

You're not doomed. No one can say if you brought bed bugs home yet.

It's worth carefully inspecting your home and also monitoring it going forward (inexpensive BBAlert passive or ClimbUp Interceptor monitors, for example, might help).

It's also worth taking precautions of the kinds recommended to travelers in the FAQs.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. i hate bedbugs

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Jun 18 2012 21:36:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok I am new to this site and just thought I would comment on this post... So I am kind of in the same situation as you are...

I will tell you a bit of my story( and pray I don't bore you..)

Its been going on for a while now (maybe 3 months) -- I was getting what I thought was hives on my body due to an allergic reaction- so I tracked where and when I was getting them... Turns out I was getting them at my boyfriends house... I looked in the mattress and never saw anything.
    So I thought it may be dust mites because I read that people do develop an allergic reaction to them. Well we were vaccuming his room and I discovered the one thing I didn't want to think.. BED BUGS!

Long story short we ordered this stuff online that was an organic chemical (spray and dust) -- it was a mild infestation and we honestly thought we got rid of them- but this last weekend I stayed there again and we were going to try out the bed again- because we thought they were gone... We slept in the bed and guess what-- they aren't- I have welts all over my body again. and so does he (he wasn't getting bit at first)...

So anyways I am terrified to bring them into my apartment... I do inspections almost nightly and as I have said its only at his house... I don't want to isolate him- hes already a mess because of these nasty things..

is there anything I can do.. We are getting qoutes on the heat treatment -- do any of you know much about this?

We can't go on living (or not living) like this much longer...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

273,659 posts in 44,814 topics over 137 months by 19,670 of 20,374 members. Latest: jt2727, Aryn, JASM