Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

My Favorite People Here

(14 posts)
  1. Sleepless in NYC

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 4 2010 11:04:55
    #

Login to Send PM

There are so many people here that I love. I wanted to make this post to show my appreciation of all the help and support that I have received here.

Loubugs, EffeCi, bed-bugscouk, thebedbugresource, DougsummersMS, spiderjg, KillerQueen, our very own entomogists and PCOs.
    The time that you contribute to this forum to help others is so very much appreciated. Without you, many of us would have gone over the edge. There is no amount of gratitude that can be measured for all of your help.

Richard56, my sweet Richard who when I first came on this board sent me a PM that made me laugh for the first time in days since my perceived attack of bed bugs. It was much needed relief. He has since then continued to be my rock.

Deedlebugs, what would this board be without you? You are amazing. You offer comfort to those freaking out, yet upon your discovery of another bb that decided to visit you in the bathroom, your topic title was simply, "uh oh" I love your disposition!

Buggyinsocial, another person who offers her help to everyone. You are great!!!!

And of course, nobugsonme!!! I was shocked she was a She. For some reason, probably because this is about disgusting critters, I assumed she was a man. Of course though, women are the brains behind any operation, right? j/k. I digress, Let me get back on track. if not for this forum, many of us would probably be suicidal. I didn't realize that bedbugs could trigger such anxiety. I, for one, was experiencing such anxiety that I lost 10 pounds in two weeks. Albeit, weight I needed to lose, but certainly would have chosen a much different method to lose it.

I hope I haven't left anyone out. Thank you!

2. Ruby

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 4 2010 20:10:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Love the above folks, too

I am still so blown away to have found such a supportive community. For being total strangers, so many people on this forum have comforted and educated me in my craziest moments!

Ruby

3. cacutie

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 4 2010 20:15:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I too am grateful for a community to discuss this with. I couldn't tell my friends, all of whom must think I'm busy as a bee because I haven't visited any of them since my discovery of bbs. Without this community to vent to and gain support, I prob would've driven myself loco.

4. scaredsilly

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 4 2010 20:46:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I second the above, and include all of you "regular" guys, too. I am a little nuts anyway, but without all of you I would be in the madhouse by now. Thanks!

5. BugsInTO

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 4 2010 21:21:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Everything Sleepless said about you guys and more!!

Knowing that intelligent, skilled, ethical professionals are out there in the industry is what gives me hope.

When I first posted, it was like I was shipwrecked on an island and sent a message in a bottle. And a voice (Nobugs) and then more voices came calling over the water. They couldn't rescue me but I wasn't alone and that made all the difference.

6. kannon_bosatsu

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 4 2010 21:40:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Agreed! If it wasn't for the people on this forum I don't know how I'd still be sane!

Virtual group hug!

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 0:21:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Warm fuzzies to you, Sleepless, and everyone else!

There would be a lot of other names I would add to the list, but I am afraid of leaving still others out.

The forums only work because everyone contributes what they can.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  8. bugnut

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 7:12:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Ditto -

I am amazed that a group strangers and professionals alike are so willing to spend their time to share their expertise and experience.

I could not have come thru without the support!

9. thebedbugresource

old timer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 10:41:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you all very much. I think I speak for all of us that were thanked ... Our goal has always been to help get the proper information to the masses such that the people can make informed choices.

Sincerely,

Sean

10. BBGen0cide

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 12:11:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I agree with what you say, those are my fav people here as well.

11. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 12:15:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the kudos. I don't do this for the thanks (I do it to keep myself educated on the latest in the field), but it's still nice to get thanks every so often.

I also offer my thanks to all the people who stepped in to offer up help, knowledge, and support both when I needed it most AND to keep me from accidentally spreading information that isn't as helpful or correct.

12. evervigilant

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 17:02:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I have to jump on this thread and second it. Although I just started posting recently, I'm a long time "blurker." I learned SO much from you all. So much that has saved me heartache.

My DH and I travel all the time for work and after several unidentified rashes, I knew it was just a matter of time before something came home with one of us. So, I educated myself using your collective wisdom. My insistence on certain "safety measures" drove my husband insane - until - he was in a hotel room that didn't seem quite right. I told him he was looking at BB feces and begged him to get the heck out of dodge. He didn't, but did agree to strip down on the front porch and leave his clothes in a zip bag. After running upstairs to shower, he put his wallet, keys and phone in the sink. Fast forward to bedtime, I look in the sink and see BEDBUGS. He agreed to purchase a Packtite then and there.

Although DH could still be bit more careful (ahem!), we have become Packtiting fools and feel much more in control. Fortunately, too, with all the latest BB news, my friends/family no longer think my protective measures are crazy.

Thank you ALL most sincerely for your shared time and thoughts on this site.

13. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 17:25:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Sleepless..thanks everyone...

(i posted this on a similar thread begun by Sleepless as well...so i copied it and am reposting it here)

Count me in the number of those thankful members who profoundly appreciate this website and all that our experts and more experienced members do for all of us. Of course our NoBuggs is wonderful (and i also assumed she was male until i learned better. )

It takes all of us members, newbites included, to make this place work. Because even a newbite can offer solace and support to someone like me, for instance, who after more than 4 months found another bb! I'm just glad that i didn't completely freak out when that happened so that we can see that even someone like me WHO HATES BBS WITH ALL MY FREAKIN' BEING...(excuse me) can hang onto the last remnants of her sanity and deal with it and even sleep at night.

14. bugnut

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 5 2010 17:31:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Amen!

Shout out to Sean of "thebedbugresource" who helped me on two websites! Very often he is the voice of reason in a crazy bb world!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,545 posts in 46,823 topics over 143 months by 20,658 of 21,555 members. Latest: ykngrggpus, DoIHaveBB, Dread Bugs