(1 post)
  1. InsomniacGirl

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Sep 5 2012 21:57:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone,

So I haven't received much sleep these past couple of months due to some mysterious bites I have been getting. A little over a month ago, I got a bite on my knee that wouldn't stop itching and my friend (who had bedbugs before) asked if I might have bedbugs and basically freaked me out. I went to Florida for a week and received no bites while I was staying there. After I came home, I received 9 bites over the span of the month. They were on my left arm and ankles, today one on my knee. One of them was on my back. They didn't follow the "breakfast lunch dinner" pattern and were mostly slightly raised bumps that itched for about a half hour and then disappeared the next day. Only two of them left small scars. Nonetheless, I tore my bed apart, the night table and dresser to find NOTHING. No blood stains, shed skins or evidence of bugs themselves. I checked behind photo frames on the wall and moldings but still nothing. I have also occasionally seen small flying bugs around my house near light sources. I thought they were fleas but I have no pets. My room is all wallpapered and the floorboards are old so it's a possibility bedbugs reside there but I can't tear it all apart. My boyfriend found a rogue mosquito last night in my room and I've found a couple spiders in my search but that's it. What I HAVE found that is slightly suspicious were these small black flecks on my sheets and on the floor but they don't bleed when I wet them and they are not attached to to the sheet. I can brush them off.

My boyfriend has slept in my bed many times since the bites started happening and he has never been bit. However, I understand that people react differently to bites. I am the only person getting bit in my house. My parents sleep in the same house and they think I'm nuts. So much so that that they think hiring a PCO to investigate is ridiculous.

I had NEVER considered bedbugs an option but now I'm sleeping less and less due to the paranoia. I'm nervous about sleeping at home. I'm only sleeping soundly when I'm at my boyfriend's house but as soon as I come back home, I become paranoid and lose sleep. It's HOT in my house yet I go to bed in long sleeves, tights and socks. I don't know if I'm just noticing these little itches and bumps because I'm nervous about bed bugs or if I have a genuine reason to be concerned. I don't want to believe I have them, but I can't shake the thought that it is possible that I do have them. If I do, I want to catch them early. Is there anything else I can do to check if they are there? Did anyone have a similar experience to mine? I ordered a BB Passive Alert system today but is there anything I can do in the meantime?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,730 posts in 50,024 topics over 155 months by 21,873 of 22,356 members. Latest: citycpap, AnxiousAngela1989, weluckyfew201