(18 posts)
  1. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri May 9 2014 8:58:42
    #

Login to Send PM

My 10,000th post

I am sorry that I time did not allow me to have the finished links ready for my 10,000th post but I wanted to at least mark this monumental post with a promise.

As soon as possible I am going to update my 2009 book Bed Bug Beware – an easy to understand guide to bedbugs their prevention and control with more linked resources and content.

When it is complete I will make it freely available as a PDF and online resource.

I have always said that public education and awareness is an essential step in the process of stemming the year on year increase in bedbugs and hopefully this will go a long way to doing that.

I hope to be able to announce its completion in the next few weeks.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  2. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri May 9 2014 14:46:01
    #

Login to Send PM

WOW! 10,000 POSTS! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

bed-bugscouk - 5 hours ago  » 
    As soon as possible I am going to update my 2009 book Bed Bug Beware – an easy to understand guide to bedbugs their prevention and control with more linked resources and content.
    When it is complete I will make it freely available as a PDF and online resource.

AWESOME DC!

. . . and for the 10,000th time (if not exactly pretty darn close) THANK YOU!!

3. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri May 9 2014 14:48:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, great news about the book.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  4. JustChecking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri May 9 2014 19:38:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Isn't that 10,000 such a nice even number!?! Can't miss it from the other post when you reached that number. If there were an urgent DING, DING, DING sound clip on YouTube, I definitely would post it here just for you.

Congrats, David, and thanks for the resources!

P.S. If I were your next door neighbor, I would bake you a tiny non-chocolatey cupcake. (just joking, Abs!)

JustChecking, not a therapist / bug pro
    Please click my user name on the left for these threads:
    (OR go through my thread starter list OR use the search engine)
    --->stress busters --->energy boosters
    --->songs of hope and faith --->help U sleep tonight
  5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri May 9 2014 23:25:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations, David!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  6. Daylight

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat May 10 2014 7:48:00
    #

Login to Send PM

David,

10 to the 4th power Thank you!!!!

7. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon May 12 2014 9:14:32
    #

Login to Send PM

JustChecking - 2 days ago  » 
    P.S. If I were your next door neighbor, I would bake you a tiny non-chocolatey cupcake. (just
    joking, Abs!)

LOL JC . . . but huh?!

You (and anyone) are more than welcome to bake Master Cain (his official title) anything you wish to bake him . . . as I have no "dibs" on him!

(Plus . . . since I have "heard" that he has a penchant for 20 year olds . . . I'm waaay beyond his age requirements . . . oops, I mean, ummm, er . . . I'm a "little" older than that!)

But I've also heard his Achilles' heel is banana Moon Pies! (OMG I just had a thought . . . . could you imagine -- or I guess the question should be, could HE imagine -- a 20 year old female showing up on his doorstep with a box of banana Moon Pies?!) hahahahaha!!

. . . And I think there's also a post floating around somewhere that he really likes a certain type of pecan pies!

8. JustChecking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue May 13 2014 18:11:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Whenever I see the word, master, I think of slave. Yeah, yeah...I know what it stands for in U.K.

Well, in that case, if there were any cupcakes at all, they would have any nuts other than pecan.

Abs, you are the pro in this regard.

9. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed May 14 2014 4:13:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Odd, when I think of Master I tend to think of craftsman (although we should really think crafts person). I tend to have an image of a antique furniture or polish restorer with a wooden tool box full of the oddest of hand made tools of their craft. They are usually wearing a traditional manilla coloured over coat.

In days gone by a UK shopping center would have had loads of such shall shops and units covering a range of different skills and services. As we have seen shopping move to malls and retail parks this aspect of society gets lost and very few "younger people" want to dedicate their life to a skill or craft in the way that they used to do in the past. Its a shame because its a model that had previously worked for many, many years. I fact I had a conference call yesterday helping a US company gain access to some traditional UK skills which we are sadly loosing over here, the current generation of "rabbit men", "squirrelers" and "ferreters" may be some of the last, in modern life people just don't want jobs where you busy periods are dawn and dusk and not much to do between. In this case the ones with the "skills" don't have the online skills and therefore are impossible to find in the modern world. In days gone by the London guilds used to work to ensure that this type of information and skills were passed on but nowadays that bespoke way of working is rare.

Its why I love reading the few pieces you can find on Tiffin & Son, its real olde school rather than this modern synthetic faux "old school".

David

10. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed May 14 2014 13:11:39
    #

Login to Send PM

JustChecking - 18 hours ago  » 
    Whenever I see the word, master, I think of slave.

bed-bugscouk - 8 hours ago  » 
    Odd, when I think of Master I tend to think of craftsman . . .

That is odd . . . whenever I see or hear the word "Master" . . . I think of sex games . . . is that just me?! Hahahahaha! (I'm kidding people . . .lighten up!)

Well, in that case, if there were any cupcakes at all, they would have any nuts other than pecan.

I think I'm confused . . . did you mean "they wouldn't have any nuts other than pecans" . . . or do you dislike Master Cain and would give him walnuts on purpose?!

Abs, you are the pro in this regard.

Hmmmm . . . I'm not exactly sure in what regard you are saying I'm "the pro" in . . . but should I perhaps put that in my forum "signature"?!

bed-bugscouk - 8 hours ago  » 
    . . . . with a wooden tool box full of the oddest of hand made tools of their craft.

OK . . . I'm not even going to comment on THAT comment since I get the distinct impression that all the regulars are trying to be on their best behavior lately . . . and for the fact it might take this thread even more OT!

11. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed May 14 2014 13:22:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Some of us are always on our best behavior.

I will PM you about my latest "tool of the trade" which is an interface between traditional craftsmanship and will in fact be steam powered. I am looking for a small model engine, the kind that run on solid fuel.

David

12. JustChecking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed May 14 2014 19:13:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Abs wrote,

I think I'm confused . . . did you mean "they wouldn't have any nuts other than pecans" . . . or do you dislike Master Cain and would give him walnuts on purpose?!

I was just sayin'. Master/bachelor Cain is one of the charming pest control pros.

Abs also wrote,

That is odd . . . whenever I see or hear the word "Master" . . . I think of sex games . . . is that just me?! Hahahahaha! (I'm kidding people . . .lighten up!)

You're funny, Abs. Can I borrow your 'I'm kidding people . . .lighten up!'?

13. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed May 14 2014 19:24:08
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 15 hours ago  » 
    Odd, when I think of Master I tend to think of craftsman (although we should really think crafts person)...I tend to have hand made tools David

I don't mean to misquote Master Cain on his 10,000th post, but when I think of Master.....

I tend to think of my ___deleted to protect the innocent* and my better half..... (don't google it unless over 18).....just sayin'

*Ok, Ok, not to protect the innocent but so that Abs will be blamed when this post is labeled Adult....

14. JustChecking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed May 14 2014 19:34:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Should this thread title be change to "My 10,000th Post /What does Master mean to you"?

TAOT, I've heard of 10-speed bikes only before seeing your post here. Folks, watch for the 'eye-openers' on this site occasionally. One gets to learn all kinds of stuffs.

15. JustChecking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed May 14 2014 19:47:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I still remember the brand name of the special item you deleted, TAOT. Also, I remember the product name. First initial of the 1st word and all the letters of the 2nd word. Ahhhhhhhhhhh !!!

16. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed May 14 2014 19:50:27
    #

Login to Send PM

JustChecking - 1 minute ago  » 
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh !!!

So, you have one already, Just Checking? Now, we now the REAL secret to your stress relief tips

P.S. David, you can ask Nobugs to delete this if you have want it to stay on topic. My permission, but I have to tease JustChecking

17. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu May 15 2014 9:30:37
    #

Login to Send PM

JustChecking - 14 hours ago  » 
    You're funny, Abs. . .

Well . . . I do tend to crack myself up . . . and even had a key chain attesting to it . . . that is until bedbug_undertaker "conned" me out of it and I shipped it across the pond to her!

JustChecking - 14 hours ago  » 
    . . . Can I borrow your 'I'm kidding people . . .lighten up!'?

Of course JC! Mi frase su frase!! (Pssst. . . that's a "play" off mi casa su casa . . . hahahaha!)

theyareoutthere - 13 hours ago  » 

. . . .*Ok, Ok, not to protect the innocent but so that Abs will be blamed when this post is labeled Adult....

Hmmmmm . . . can anyone say "Master" manipulator?! hahaha . . . JK!

Hugs and kisses to EVERYONE!

18. bbcomox

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri May 16 2014 1:06:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations, David!

Thank you very much for your energy, advice, and time to help me and others here!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,484 posts in 49,273 topics over 152 months by 21,594 of 22,016 members. Latest: evil11, Airbnbug, junojunk