Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Must Move - Scared stiff

(7 posts)
  1. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 23 2011 9:21:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I am taking the apartment afterall. The landlady agreed to sign something explaining her understanding of her responsibilities and mine. I talked to a tenant, she'd actually pretty good for being offsite. (That jives with my friend's report.)

I can't afford to lose that money.

I can't afford to bring bugs.

I can't afford vikane.

I have a packtite.

So...I'm thinking to store it all for the foreseeable future. Use my normal travel protocols and for everything else buy me new stuff. All of it. (save my wine glasses, treated winter coat & packtite)

Up to here, what are my chances of successfully moving bug-free?

Then when I've emotionally recovered somewhat, start processing the items I've stored again. Only things I can packtite. Throw away make up, bath products, etc.

What do you all say about this? WIll it work? Is it necessary to be so radical?

2. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 23 2011 12:58:33
    #

Login to Send PM

If you need additional info to keep me straight:

CHanged my mind:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/must-move-scared-stiff

Why I decided not to move:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/not-moving

Originally:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/moving-6

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 23 2011 13:39:40
    #

Login to Send PM

AshamedandScratching - 4 hours ago  » 

Up to here, what are my chances of successfully moving bug-free?
    Then when I've emotionally recovered somewhat, start processing the items I've stored again. Only things I can packtite. Throw away make up, bath products, etc.
    What do you all say about this? WIll it work? Is it necessary to be so radical?

The only way to be sure you don't move bed bugs is to treat everything.

As for whether it's necessary to do so much, no one can say that doing less will be enough because no one can know which item will be left out which might be infested, if not packtited.

I am glad you found a new place you're confident with. Remember to be cautious of new purchases also, which should be inspected. People with bed bugs return things to stores too, unfortunately. The risk of this is probably heightened in areas with more bed bugs.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 23 2011 15:54:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Do I really need to worry about them hitching a ride on smooth plastic rubbermaid/sterilite?

Was my original plan better? Save bringing hand inspected stuff.

5. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 23 2011 16:59:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I hate all this uncertainty ans anxiety. I'm going on 3 weeks bite free.

6. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Sep 25 2011 17:48:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Two bites yesterday. One doesn't look right the other was potential. Today I killed a mosquito.

So maybe it's been 3 weeks.

I'm feeling less neurotic than I was a couple of days ago. Thanks for looking at this thread NoBugs.

7. EndOfMyRope

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Sep 26 2011 4:48:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Ashamed,
    Well, my friend, not being a professional, I cant say for sure if your plan is excessive, will work, etc.. So Ill just throw in my personal opinon, for what its worth.. You cant be too careful, the way I see things (in regard to bbs anyway) I think.anything that can be treated, including anything you buy new, should be treated. Youre very fortunate to have a Packtite to help you get settled in your new place.

Speaking of which, congrats on your new place!! I am rooting for you, my friend!! Crossing everything I can that the move goes smoothly, and, most of all, leaves you FREE OF BBS FOREVER!!! Remember to breathe, take your time packing and preparing those items coming with you.. And remember to be good to yourself.. Dont forget to take time for you..

I cannot wait doe the day you post your success story.. You WILL win this!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,409 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams