Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Moving with/out bedbugs?

(2 posts)
  1. alicia211

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Sun Jan 13 2019 19:34:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello!
    Hello!
    My name is Alicia and I have recently found a place to move to.
    A quick explanation of my situation:
    I have recently (August) moved to Amsterdam, found bedbugs in my room, got treatment (September), have not seen bugs after a few days following the treatment. It was a chemical kind.
    Since then I have not seen any bugs or found any bites.
    Still, I am rather paranoid as to taking an egg or a bug or anything related with me. Therefore I am wondering if you guys have any tips!
    I had the idea of freezing my things (such as books and non-wash items) for 24 hours in plastic bags and wash anything I can before I move, wrapping it all tightly in plastic bags. Therefore I feel somewhat confident about that, still: My furniture.
    I will bring a mirror, clothing rack, shelf and a small locker.
    How could I make sure that nothing is left in there? Would cleaning and spraying it with hygiene spray be enough?
    Please let me know if you have any tips or ideas!
    Kind regards, best wishes and thanks in advance,
    Alicia

2. SalsaVince

Posted 4 days ago
    Sun Jan 13 2019 21:14:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Alicia,
    So you haven't had any bugs since September?! If you've gone about 4 months with no activity, you don't need to stress about having hidden eggs/bugs. You should be clear. No need to freeze everything. It's always good to keep an eye out while you're packing and even in the new place for signs of current or previous activity but you did it the right way. You waited until after you had the problem resolved before moving. Congratulations and good luck in your new place.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

283,867 posts in 47,243 topics over 145 months by 20,836 of 21,126 members. Latest: pinkfoxes, Tomwilson28, aeb19