(17 posts)
  1. endless_nightmare

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2012 18:48:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear God how I wish I knew about this before my two failed moved

read my story in other posts: 10months, moved twice, heat treatment failed, pyrethroid resistant ect

So I go to this place to get Propuxur, and I tell the dude my entire saga of a nightmare, I'm about to leave and I say "too bad truck fumigation for when you move is not available here like in the US" and he goes, "what do mean? IT IS"

The way they do it is you have to have your moving truck drive up to their facilities, you empty the content into their special stationary truck, they gaz out your stuff, you put it back in your regular truck and bring the stuff to your new place.....

I wish I knew about this BEFORE I threw out almost all my things, only to bring the bugs again

Obviously the process only works if you are leaving an infested place for a clean one. It's useless if you are bringing back all your stuff to an already infested place

Anyone interested PM me

I should kick myself for not having done more research in this town

Andrea
    not a PCO
    Spinal Cord Injury Advocacy/Volunteer
  2. thebedbugresource

old timer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2012 18:58:20
    #

Login to Send PM

This is 100% illegal in Montreal (or anywhere else in Canada). There are no fumigants registered for bed bugs.

Sean

3. endless_nightmare

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2012 20:02:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Fumigating a truck is legal and the firm that does it has been in business for a long time, they've added this to their services just recently, I doubt they would put their liscence in jeoparty

Fumigating commercial spaces is legal in Canada, think of this inside of their truck as a commercial space

also, several moving companies here in town fumigate their trucks on a regular basis as to not contaminate their client

anyway I'll give them a call tommorow and tell them that you said it's illegal and report back on what they are saying

just out of curiosity, what credential do you have to make that claim? I'll need that for when I call

4. endless_nightmare

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2012 20:15:18
    #

Login to Send PM

ignore what I said about your credentials, I just checked out your website and I see you are fully knowledgable

no offense I hope

I'm sure in your experencience of dealing with BB sufferers, you have seen the despair and suffering that goes along with it and people really wanting their problem to end quick

as I posted before I'm at the end of my rope here with this issue, having spent so much money on unsucessful PCOs and failed treatments

can you recommend a firm such as the one you work for? or actually some place you'd approve of with a good rep? sent me a PM if need be

maybe I just been dealing with the wrong folks

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2012 20:26:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Endless-nightmare,

I'd be curious if you could ask what they were planning to fumigate your truck with.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  6. endless_nightmare

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2012 20:30:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Nobugsonme

it's not Vikane, that's all I know, part of the treatment removes all oxygen, I'll inquire more tommorow

I apologize for jumping the gun on this one, as you know from my other post I'm a basket case from a 10 months infestation

post should read "maybe"

again sorry to sound cocky Sean

7. thebedbugresource

old timer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2012 20:52:42
    #

Login to Send PM

There are no fumigants registered in Canada for bed bugs. Want proof ... Call the Pest Management Regulatory Agency of Canada and ask them (1-800-267-6315).

You can also search their database and read the labels http://pr-rp.hc-sc.gc.ca/ls-re/index-eng.php/index-eng.php).

As the former President of the BC Structural Pest Control Association, former Board member for the Canadian Pest Management Association, and current board member for the Association Quebecoise de la Gestion Parasitaire I think I am qualified to make those statements.

Sean

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2012 21:18:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Sean,
    I understand fumigating is illegal in Canada.

But I am wondering if they used the term "fumigation" incorrectly to mean "treatment" as so many do-- even apparently some PCOs.

Maybe some kind of treatment-- but more info. from them is needed to
    know if it will work. And of course, assuming they were misapplying the term "fumigation"!

9. endless_nightmare

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2012 22:16:55
    #

Login to Send PM

maybe the term fumigation is indeed wrong

anyway did some extensive search, including some on Sean's website (lot's of usefull info)
    it turns out that the people who sugested this to me today are members of the CPMA-ACGP

when you search for treatment in Quebec using the CPMA website for Quebec region, they can be found (with many other PCOs) on the map, I can give you more detailed info in pm, such as their phone number if your interested Sean

10. thebedbugresource

old timer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Aug 3 2012 6:26:52
    #

Login to Send PM

To be a member of the AQGP or CPMA you have to pay dues, have insurance, and be ethical.

If they are doing treatments illegally and the associations find out they would be removed.

The associations do not police their members, that is up to the Ministry of Environment. With so few officers there are many practices that go unchecked for extended periods.

If I was aware of wrong doing I would be obliged to report them.

If they are removing oxygen as part of the treatment then it is by introduction of a CO2 based fumigant. It is the only treatment that involves removing O2.

Sean

11. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Aug 3 2012 12:31:58
    #

Login to Send PM

thebedbugresource - 6 hours ago  » 

If they are removing oxygen as part of the treatment then it is by introduction of a CO2 based fumigant. It is the only treatment that involves removing O2.

Thanks for clarifying that, Sean!

12. cb1988

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Nov 16 2012 16:42:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I'd be interested to know the name of this company/contact info since I live in Montreal and moving soon... A truck treatment would be the best option for me- I'm also looking for the less toxic treatment, so heat/cold truck treatment would be awesome, I just can't seem to be able to find information on that.
    Ive PM'd endless_nightmare but if anyone knows about anything... please msg me! I need to get that sorted out asap!

Thanks a lot everyone

13. endless_nightmare

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Nov 16 2012 22:45:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Replied to your PM

Not sure if they still do it, it's CO2 anyhow

14. endless_nightmare

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Nov 18 2012 6:12:33
    #

Login to Send PM

by the way if you use the service let me know how it goes

15. joe

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Oct 16 2016 10:09:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi

I was curious if anyone has any recommendations of companies that use thermal/co2 moving trucks. if you have tried it and if it was successful, and cost. I will be moving soon and I don't want to take them with me. our building has been sprayed 6 times and unfortunately they are alive and well, so I am looking for other alternatives.

if anyone could recommend or that knows of companies that they have used, I would be very appreciative.

thanks

16. joe

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Oct 16 2016 10:11:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I am located in Montreal, there doesn't seem to be much info. for mobile heat trucks

thanks again

17. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Oct 17 2016 22:57:43
    #

Login to Send PM

It sounds like Thermapro might do this in Montreal. Here is a thread on this. This is not a recommendation and I don't know if anyone has used or recommended the service here.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,225 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,416 members. Latest: Bery10, plsnopls, Ldrago